Support Forums

Full Version: RAM READING ISSUE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a 64x computer and its not reading all my ram all the time. Meaning randomly when I turn on my computer its reading either all my ram (12gb) or some of my ram (7.99gb) which is under system properties.. I have now idea what the problem might be. Its completely random! I looked at this resorce and it says its keeping 4gb's or so under "reserve". (This is when its reading only 7.99gb) Any idea how I could fix this? Thanks in advance guys Smile
I would start off by reseating your RAM in your computer tower. But if you don't know where they are, I can show you if you post a screen shot. I would also caution you when you do this since they are static sensitive and you can blow one out completely if you don't handle them carefully. They should be held on the sides, and make sure that you're not sliding your feet along the ground when you are handling them. I usually place my hand on a metal part of the tower to ground the static electricity a bit, but you still have to be careful.

Have you cleaned your computer at all?
(01-05-2011, 09:39 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]I would start off by reseating your RAM in your computer tower. But if you don't know where they are, I can show you if you post a screen shot. I would also caution you when you do this since they are static sensitive and you can blow one out completely if you don't handle them carefully. They should be held on the sides, and make sure that you're not sliding your feet along the ground when you are handling them. I usually place my hand on a metal part of the tower to ground the static electricity a bit, but you still have to be careful.

Have you cleaned your computer at all?
Its a brand new computer built from ground up. This isn't the problem since its randomly reading 7.99gb and sometimes all ram

You said that you have Windows 7 64-bit?
(01-06-2011, 02:08 PM)Persian Wrote: [ -> ]Its a brand new computer built from ground up. This isn't the problem since its randomly reading 7.99gb and sometimes all ram

Where are you looking to read this, and i'm assuming you have 8GB RAM installed physical memory total? it's common, especially to have 4 2GB RAM cards.
(01-06-2011, 10:29 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Where are you looking to read this, and i'm assuming you have 8GB RAM installed physical memory total? it's common, especially to have 4 2GB RAM cards.
I have 12gb installed... and yes it is 64x
(01-07-2011, 06:20 PM)Persian Wrote: [ -> ]I have 12gb installed... and yes it is 64x

alright, that's a little on the high side too. Have you been having issues with it from since you've installed all of that RAM, or has it just been acting up recently?

If you've just installed your RAM and it shows random readings, you might want to check to see how much RAM your computer will support. I know there's a limit of 8GB for some systems. Other then that, it can be any number of things. I'm better off seeing firsthand what the issue is to find solutions lol

My computer can support 16GB of RAM total with 4 slots that can hold 4GB RAM cards.

You can find more information for your computer memory upgrade here: http://www.crucial.com/
Look in the memory upgrade tab if it's not already selected.
well im pretty sure your System would support 12gb of rams, since your the one with the i7 980x right?

that is odd.
(01-09-2011, 05:10 AM)Dexdrex007 Wrote: [ -> ]well im pretty sure your System would support 12gb of rams, since your the one with the i7 980x right?

that is odd.

Where did you read about this? :S
Why dont you Download the free software Memtest86+ as an iso image and burn it to a disk and then boot from it to do a memory test, it could take a while but its worth doing.

Pages: 1 2 3