Support Forums

Full Version: For those who speak Serbian.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few questions.
  • Why is Serbian sometimes written in the Cyrillic alphabet?
  • Why is it that I never saw anyone speaking Serbian write in the Cyrillic alphabet when posting in the Balkan section of HF?
  • On signs, restaurant menus, government documents (birth certificate, ect), driver's licenses, ect, is the language written in the Latin alphabet, or the Cyrillic?
  • Do you know how to write Serbian in both alphabets?

Thanks.
1. Cyrillic is our standard alphabet and contains 30 characters. In the school it's mostly written in Cyrillic, but also in Latin, both are accepted.
2. Because Latin is standard setup when installing windows.
3. It is written in Latin and Cyrillic in some cases, but mostly in Latin so everyone can read it.
4. Yes.

I also can say that learning serbian may be hard for someone, but for a person who knows serbian it's easier to learn other languages.
sada znam šta fali ovdje balkan sekcija! Big Grin
(10-15-2009, 01:31 AM)enter Wrote: [ -> ]sada znam šta fali ovdje balkan sekcija! Big Grin

Enter I was to reply on serbain, but please check the rules, Omni wants english only posts.
Yea I know Sad (fudge) the rules
"You know what I meant " cenzura lol
(10-15-2009, 01:37 AM)enter Wrote: [ -> ]Yea I know Sad (fudge) the rules
"You know what I meant " cenzura lol

Yeah I know but it won't happen.. we are a minority here Bebe-pleure
Ninja if you want copy these into your sub name ☯♥BALKAN♥☯ and tell that to other members!
(10-15-2009, 01:45 AM)enter Wrote: [ -> ]Ninja if you want copy these into your sub name ☯♥BALKAN♥☯ and tell that to other members!

Nah I'm playing with few graphics to make a signature. To Represent.
ok than change the regular member and put something interesting in Big Grin
Thanks NinjaGeek, your responses were helpful.