Support Forums

Full Version: My website ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I started this project called Hero Appreciation up a few months back and put it on the back burner whilst I dealt with some other things, I've literally just viewed the site to find an increase from 4 to 41 members.

None of them have posted anything and some aren't even activated. I don't think they're bots because they're not advertising.

Also I didn't spend that much time on SEO and I didn't expect any unique members, I haven't put any banners up or anything?

Maybe my SEO worked better than expected? I'm thinking of a mass email to get them posting if they're not bots.

/ Thoughts?
web-uplink.com
2 members registered.
Sorry, wrong link. Check again. Thumbsup
No further comments?
(12-28-2010, 09:38 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]I started this project called Hero Appreciation up a few months back and put it on the back burner whilst I dealt with some other things, I've literally just viewed the site to find an increase from 4 to 41 members.

None of them have posted anything and some aren't even activated. I don't think they're bots because they're not advertising.

Also I didn't spend that much time on SEO and I didn't expect any unique members, I haven't put any banners up or anything?

Maybe my SEO worked better than expected? I'm thinking of a mass email to get them posting if they're not bots.

/ Thoughts?
check their email addresses in the CP,are the domains similar to each other,is there a pattern in the names used?
used to be a co admin on a forum for sky tv,we often got a russian bot spamming accounts,though we didnt always have CAPTCHA from what recall,not all of them had dodgy links filled in the profiles either-does hero appreciation have CAPTCHA? bots cant usualy get past it.
is there any patterns to their IPs?

woud wonder if its a google bot placing it onto google,and as soldiers are a big topic at the moment,its getting found more easily?

Where did you advertise?
I didn't advertise anywhere. Just here on SF for a few days months and months ago.
EDIT:

All the members are unique.
I think I uncovered the mystery, loads of hits have come from people searching fallen soldiers names in Google and my site is always on the first page if I have them listed.
(12-30-2010, 01:18 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]I think I uncovered the mystery, loads of hits have come from people searching fallen soldiers names in Google and my site is always on the first page if I have them listed.

Example please?
Well I have two soldiers listed on my site and like a couple of hundred hits have come from someone Googling the soldiers name and clicking on me.

For example google, Seth Stephens and my site is on the second page.
Pages: 1 2