Support Forums

Full Version: How Important is your CPU When Trying To Run a Game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I meet all the requirements for Battlefield Bad Company 2 aside from my cpu. It says I should have Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 GHz/AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better and I have Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz. Would I still be able to run it?
lets do that math:
You need: 2.0 GHz
You have: 2.5 GHz

Result: Safe to run 120% Smile if problems persist uninstall and never use again. Thats my solution.
well lets see. gpu vs cpu bottleneck.

any modern cpu needs to run around 3.4 to keep up with modern gpus
i highly doubt that you will play it smoothly.
CPU is very important, of course.

I run BFBC2 on my i5 @ 2.8GHz and notice no lag or strain though, the CPU never reaches temperatures about 32 degrees celsius while playing on the highest settings.

I aslo have a 2GB GTX 460 and liquid cooling that help that out Tongue
Yes you will be able to run it. All games suggest that is the minimum requirement to run the game. Note that with the lowest minimum processor speed can lag the entire game and maybe game play annoying and frustrating to actually play it. The higher the processor speed the better the performance that the CPU can handle the game.
(01-01-2011, 01:18 PM)Death Trap™ Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you will be able to run it. All games suggest that is the minimum requirement to run the game. Note that with the lowest minimum processor speed can lag the entire game and maybe game play annoying and frustrating to actually play it. The higher the processor speed the better the performance that the CPU can handle the game. Mi

yeah minimum req, and the minimum is core 2 duo,he has pentium dual core.

I think you can play it...