Support Forums

Full Version: Laptop no longer sleeps when I close the lid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Toshiba Satellite A60 running Windows XP SP3 no longer enters sleep mode when I close the lid. It used to work when I had Windows 7 on it but I downgraded and have since experienced this problem. There is nothing wrong with the actual switch on the laptop since a couple of days ago before the downgrade in OS. Now, when I close the lid, the screen goes black, but the moment I re-open it, it resumes instantly. It does not enter sleep/hibernate mode. The hibernate mode is fully functional though. I've tested it from the Start Menu.

I don't know if the following may help to asses my issue but these are my current power settings.

[Image: i41wsg.png]
Wouldn't System Standby = Sleep? Look through the options.
(12-25-2010, 01:03 PM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't System Standby = Sleep? Look through the options.

The options are just 'x number of minutes' before you'd like stay on before it sleeps. I'm looking for it to sleep when I close it. That has nothing to do with how long it stays unused.
No idea. I have Vista so it basically feeds me.
Sometimes if there are any running applications, such as a web browser, uTorrent etc., it won't ever sleep no matter what the settings are.

This doesn't sound like the issue your having though..you're making it sound more like a hardware problem..
(12-27-2010, 12:49 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes if there are any running applications, such as a web browser, uTorrent etc., it won't ever sleep no matter what the settings are.

This doesn't sound like the issue your having though..you're making it sound more like a hardware problem..

It can't be a hardware problem because the issue only occurred once I changed OS. IT was fine a couple of days ago when I was using Windows 7.
It's been resolved. I found the right tab in the Power Settings.