Support Forums

Full Version: the internet,and its relevance to SF users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeah sorry about that,its a non christmassy thread.

what relevance...or for need of a different word; importance is the internet to SFers?
what does everyone relie on it for the most?

is it important to have a decent connection,or does it not really matter [for self,not generaly speaking].

how does everyone thinks it affects society in general,a good or bad thing...not that its as easy as listing them into one or the other.

am very reliant on the internet and have been since the days of the original napster.

it is the only form of interaction that have,outside of support staff/family/people that live with,and is the only possible form of communication due to the big A,and not being able to write,its seen as a disability need by the council,and means they cannot leave the account with less money than the cost for it or any other reliant needs,
but get free total rubbish internet now anyway.

also think the internet is quite possibly one of the best inventions of all time,a huge advancement towards society regardless of how people think its for stereotypes like nerds/no lifers/anti social people/perverts etc.
its just like how the library was,except in a far more advanced interactive way.
the internet does have its cruddy sides,but not nearly as many as real life.anyway,what does everyone else think?
I download lots of music and videos so I need a connection that can do 2-5 MB/s downloads, other than that I can get by with just regular old broadband.
(12-24-2010, 03:09 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]I download lots of music and videos so I need a connection that can do 2-5 MB/s downloads, other than that I can get by with just regular old broadband.
sounds like a pretty reliable ISP if they havent complained about bandwith use yet!
have paid for top end packages before on broadband,and got useless dl/ul rates on them.
Why is there a cat licking it's ass in your sig
(12-25-2010, 10:08 AM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]Why is there a cat licking it's ass in your sig

Aw how cute
if i permanently lost the internet i would go to the local corner store and buy six feet of rope! no one would ever hear from me again!
jk lol
I rely on it for fun. I don't watch TV shows or follow series, I play on my PC.