Support Forums

Full Version: My FIRST Sig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First off.... First Post FTW! Big Grin

Anywayy.... I've gone through some tuts on Photoshop.. But this was done by me Smile
As the title says its my first ever sig... its for the HF forum Smile

Just want HONEST opinions, if you dont like it please help me with criticism! Be as harsh as you want but remember ive still got my photoshop L Plates on Tongue

And also ideas on how i can improve...

Well here goes.....

[Image: HackForumsSig.jpg]

Thats it.. Thanks! x
Well, it is rather large to be a 'decent' signature. Bring it down some, it looks much, much better.
Secondly.. The render is way off to the side, with loads of.. 'nothing' to the left, just words. You can do better.
Okay, so maybe move the Render to behind the M?
Also can i resize it without remaking all?
The problem is, that there isnt actually a back ground as such - It's just a filled bottom layer.

I suggest you check out some basic tutorials.
Thats good for a first signature, better than I could do.
(12-21-2010, 08:38 PM)Toxhicide Wrote: [ -> ]Thats good for a first signature, better than I could do.

No. No it's not. It looks like OP threw a c4d, a render, and some terrible serifs font onto it. There is no flow at all, its like a hurricane ran through MS paint. In fact, I could do this in MS paint.

Your focal should not be the text, it should be the render.
Honestly there's so much work that needs to be done and so many suggestions I can give that I just can't type it all out.
(12-21-2010, 08:49 PM)Orgy Wrote: [ -> ]No. No it's not. It looks like OP threw a c4d, a render, and some terrible serifs font onto it. There is no flow at all, its like a hurricane ran through MS paint. In fact, I could do this in MS paint.

Your focal should not be the text, it should be the render.
Honestly there's so much work that needs to be done and so many suggestions I can give that I just can't type it all out.

As for a normal signature by someone who is experienced, but from a first one that you would go to create in a few minutes it is pretty good.
Heyy, Please dont argue Smile i said i need criticisms... it will help me learn... could you give me some ideas on what to do? like add an effect? and what effect would look good?
The render should be the focal here, not the text.
Text is wayyy to big, and the color and pattern overlay doesn't go well with the background. You also need more happening in the background; there's too much black. Try putting the render in the middle.
(12-21-2010, 08:59 PM)h4x0rz_s4m Wrote: [ -> ]Heyy, Please dont argue Smile i said i need criticisms... it will help me learn... could you give me some ideas on what to do? like add an effect? and what effect would look good?

Im not arguing, but like I said it was good for a first.
Pages: 1 2 3