Support Forums

Full Version: Web-Uplink.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: logo.png]

What are we about?
This is a newly designed project by me. I'm hoping I can grow this into a successful online discussion community. At the moment I am just keeping the board small and waiting for activity to grow in a couple of hundred posts and 10-20 members.

Once there I will expand the forum categories and we can start to grow faster. I hope to include more forums for promotion and web development and discussion.

Why Join?
Well to start of with, the first 3 members to join get free subscriber status. We also have a contest on which is offering 2 more subscriber accounts for free!

Also if you'd like to help me get this forum off the ground then I will greatly appreciate your help. Just a few dedicated members creating new threads and posts can start to increase our activity.

Leaders needed!
I currently need the following positions filled:
  • 2 Leaders/Moderators for the Graphics Section!
  • 2 Leaders/Moderators for the World News Section!

If you're interested then obviously register, make an introduction and reply on this thread too.

http://www.web-uplink.com
First impression looks nice, you should make all the forums visible to guests imo.

It looks like it has a good amount of potential so you should stick with it. I'll sign-up and start posting some HQ stuff in a bit.

You should also add a favicon.

EDIT:
I see the tabs, nevermind.
Thank you Laugh, I appreciate it.
Any more replies, comments or reviews?
Nice forum. I've registered and look forward to seeing it grow.
Pros;

- Theme is quite good.
- Section descriptions are good.

Cons;

It's not clear what your forum is about. The sections don't give it away. As a guest, I see just graphics and a lounge, these don't relate to your domain so SEO could prove difficult.
I suggest moving the world news section into the chat central section. This gives you room at add more sections without appearing more empty. I also suggest that the suggestions and feedback section is moved into the announcements section, making it appear more active.
This gives you 2 more sections you could add. I suggest a webmaster section because of the domain, and a computing section, both popular topics. Use thread prefixes to separate discussion and to easily move them to their own section when it's populated.

The icons you have up top look really bad and don't work with the mouse hover. I suggest using no icons at all, or small arrows. ยป
With the addition of the above sections, I suggest using custom profile fields so users can give others an insight about themselves. Perhaps you could add which OS they use, which graphics software, forum software or scripting language. If you need help adding these to the postbit, just ask.

Overall, 6/10.
I know there are more cons, but they're small changes that make a big difference.