Support Forums

Full Version: Which Operating System?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I am just asking plainly what is the best operating system. Is there anything I am missing out on?

I an an advance user and find Windows 7 basic rather tedious. Please tell me what to get which is good and slightly more advance?
If you are advanced, then get Linux. You will not regret.
cheers, do you have any download links or know where I could obtain some? I mean I have heard of Linux and tried it but never really considered it properly.
(12-18-2010, 08:09 PM)JamieMiller Wrote: [ -> ]cheers, do you have any download links or know where I could obtain some? I mean I have heard of Linux and tried it but never really considered it properly.

You will need to spend time on it to learn. it is way different than Windows.
Xerotcs is right, Linux is very different from windows 7 and you will have to spend some time learning how to operate it. Once you do get the hang of it you will not be dissapointed
(12-23-2010, 02:12 AM)Techno Wrote: [ -> ]Xerotcs is right, Linux is very different from windows 7 and you will have to spend some time learning how to operate it. Once you do get the hang of it you will not be dissapointed

Exactly. There are some distributions that will help you learn though. EduLinux is nice, for example. It teaches you about Linux and how to use it.
Install a dual boot system. A partition with linux and one with windows. If windows croaks you can fix it with linux plus you can learn linux as you go along while still have the advantages of windows. Otherwise install linux inside a virtual machine
Give this a check out, and see if it's for you.
Agreed with the posts above. The Linux + Windows 7 combination are two of the most versatile operating systems. Good luck!
Find a key for windows 7 ultimate, or get Linux, both are very good in my opinion.
Pages: 1 2