Support Forums

Full Version: Forum idea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, so with Christmas coming up I'm gonna be getting some money, and i feel like investing into another site after my other one failed because of a host problem and losing 150 members and about 3k posts which i gathered in ~1 month.

I was thinking of doing a music forum, because music is my passion and pretty much my life and i cant find any big music forums so i think its something i would have a decent chance of getting somewhere with, but my question is should i make it a general music forum with all kinds of music or should i make it for a specific type of music?

Last, what colors, etc... would you recommend for a music forum theme?

thank you for your time and advice.
General music. Discuss as much as you can in the category. Discuss instruments, writing music, listening, etc.

Colours.. wood colour?
(12-17-2010, 08:22 PM)xerotic Wrote: [ -> ]General music. Discuss as much as you can in the category. Discuss instruments, writing music, listening, etc.

Colours.. wood colour?

I'm thinking all the genres of music as well, and idk about wood colors. I'm thinking darker colors.
All music, so you get more people of different tastes.
And for colors I was thinking Red and Orange? With MUSIC FORUMS at the top and headphones at the M and the S.
If you do get this rolling, I suggest not having all genres of music there. It'll look so expanded and they won't all get activity. Start off with a suggestion thread asking what people actually want. What's popular now is dubstep and rap.
(12-22-2010, 04:09 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]If you do get this rolling, I suggest not having all genres of music there. It'll look so expanded and they won't all get activity. Start off with a suggestion thread asking what people actually want. What's popular now is dubstep and rap.

Rap is horrible.

Make a section for the 'oldies'.
(12-22-2010, 05:10 PM)xerotic Wrote: [ -> ]Rap is horrible.

That's a very unsupported opinion. Care to elaborate?
(12-22-2010, 05:10 PM)xerotic Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2010, 04:09 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]If you do get this rolling, I suggest not having all genres of music there. It'll look so expanded and they won't all get activity. Start off with a suggestion thread asking what people actually want. What's popular now is dubstep and rap.

Rap is horrible.

I agree i am def. not a fan of rap.
(12-22-2010, 05:23 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2010, 05:10 PM)xerotic Wrote: [ -> ]Rap is horrible.

That's a very unsupported opinion. Care to elaborate?

%90 of rap talks about sex,drugs,money,chicks. there is one or two good rap but most do suck because they are all the same.
(12-22-2010, 11:08 PM)R4GE_Xy-Cliche Wrote: [ -> ]Rap is horrible.

(12-22-2010, 05:23 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]That's a very unsupported opinion. Care to elaborate?

%90 of rap talks about sex,drugs,money,chicks. there is one or two good rap but most do suck because they are all the same.
[/quote]

Rap was talking about your life and problems. So what's wrong if they rap about drug habits or their lack of money?

Go listen to Macklemore, Immortal Technique, Kid Cudi, Eminem, and Jedi Mind Tricks before making statements like that.
(12-22-2010, 11:08 PM)R4GE_Xy-Cliche Wrote: [ -> ]Rap is horrible.

(12-22-2010, 05:23 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]That's a very unsupported opinion. Care to elaborate?

[/quote]

Key word: 'talks'

That is rapping. They sit there and talk into the mic when 99% of them can't sing worth a damn.
Pages: 1 2