Support Forums

Full Version: When would I ever need to "peek" at my desktop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Windows 7 offers multiple ways for one to take a "peek" at their desktop. It is called Aero Peek.
  • The hovering over the button in the lower right corner
  • Windows key + spacebar

My question is, why would I ever need to do this? What purpose is there in viewing the desktop temporarily?

To me it seems like a useless feature and a waste of precious taskbar space.
  • It shows a wire-frame of all open Windows. Quick way to glance at anything.
  • You can get straight to your desktop by clicking the bottom right button without having to minimize everything.
  • Ease
I use it quite a bit to see if I saved the file to my desktop without having to minimize etc, and thats the only way I minimize everything at once > Quickly move my mouse to the bottom right and click.
I use it when I'm trying some new wallpapers out. I look wallpapers up online, set them as my background, then peek and my desktop on find out if it's good or not.
(12-16-2010, 05:06 PM)The Cannoneer Wrote: [ -> ]I use it when I'm trying some new wallpapers out. I look wallpapers up online, set them as my background, then peek and my desktop on find out if it's good or not.

Yours is the only logical reason that I can think of. Downloading to the desktop is a bad idea in my opinion. I choose never to store anything on my desktop. But thats just me. There is only one thing on my desktop: The Recycle bin. And I seldom ever use that. I'll probably get rid of it after reading this.
Aero Peek is useless to me, but so is Windows.
(12-16-2010, 06:40 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Aero Peek is useless to me, but so is Windows.

Linux still? I have both, but am going to get Google's new OS (CR-48)
Maybe you need to upload a file or image and your not sure if it's saved on your desktop?
(12-16-2010, 07:39 PM)xerotic Wrote: [ -> ]Linux still? I have both, but am going to get Google's new OS (CR-48)

Have you seen that offer Google is making? They are looking for people to beta test their new OS on their hardware. They'll send you a laptop and let you beta test it. I applied for it. I hope they send me a notebook.

Here is the link: http://www.google.com/chromeos/#utm_camp...me%20o%20s
(12-18-2010, 09:29 PM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: [ -> ]Have you seen that offer Google is making? They are looking for people to beta test their new OS on their hardware. They'll send you a laptop and let you beta test it. I applied for it. I hope they send me a notebook.

Here is the link: http://www.google.com/chromeos/#utm_camp...me%20o%20s

Yes. Surely they will pick me. An avid Linux user who uses Chrome, Android, Gmail and Google Sync. Just what they should want.
Pages: 1 2