Support Forums

Full Version: Problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, I'm a teenager. Like alot of people, I have trouble with families. Mine, however is a strange one. For 6 years my parents put my computer out in the open (When you come up the stairs you see it, In the living room, you see it. In the kitchen, you see it)

Yesterday, without my parents consent, I moved my computer and all peripherals and desk, to my room. When my parents came home from work, I acted asleep and locked my door. The next day as I come back from school, my father threatened me to move the computer back to the open area or else he would cut off the internet. This post is just after that happens.

How can I convince my dad to let me have my computer in my room? They treat me like I'm 5 years old and don't listen to reason, just blabbing no all the time.
if they are afraid of not using the internet properly thay can use many programms that act like parental control so the harmful sites will be blocked. If they know about computer and staff they can install the programm on their own to feel more safe
They are completely computer illiterate.
well, then try to explain them in simple words how does this work. they should trust you more.
How old are you may i ask? i personally would confront them and tell it how it is, your a young adult and want the pc in your room.

If this a family computer or yours?
It's mine. I made it custom built. I'm 13 if you must know.
I don't blame them to tell the truth, i am 14 i was forced to have my computer out in the open until recently and i am 14. i understand %100 were they are coming from, If you really feel the need to have your computer in your room just try and prove to them and explain that you wont do anything inappropriate and that they can trust you to have the computer in your room. if they still don't want you to have it in there, deal with it. you will get curios most likely at some time or another if you have it in your room and look up something you shouldn't, i did it and almost anyone around my age i know did as well.
I'd go with the parental program, just make a fake one / get one then uninstall it.
You really should listen to them, they are the ones that pay for it after all.
If your old enough get a job, buy a laptop, then you have a computer you can put anywhere.
I don't think any of the reasons would work except for Katz, but that's hopeless. Also, I don't want it in my room for personal and social reasons.
Pages: 1 2