Support Forums

Full Version: Weight Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, all my life i have been skinny, never been more than 9 stone, but i recently finished college and took about a month to get a job & in that month i put on a bit of weight, i went from around 9 stone to 14 stone, which i think is pretty bad, i don't eat much but i also don't work out so its kinda hard loosing it, im one of those who just cba working out, lol, thinking it will go on its own, i know it wont but i just cba getting rid of it.

Iv tried diets but i hate the taste of greens.

Does anyone know any good diets that i could stick to & tastes nice.
losing excess weight needs to be combined with exercise to burn off excess fat,and keep the metabolism working well if not mistaken,a diet on its own wont really help.

dieting is restrictive eating and restricted calories, so it wont taste very nice overall especially if do not like certain things like vegetables.
there is the slimfast milkshake diet,which is where one can of that milkshake replaces the actual meal so woud have to have some willpower to accept it over a plateful of food,and get past any feelings of hunger for solid food,but also woud imagine it wont taste very nice even though it says chocolate,strawberry etc flavour because its packed full of vitamins and other bits-am on a similar sort of thing due to having autism-a special prescribed liquid food off the dietician and doctor called ensure plus and it tastes sickeningly foul-have been on just about every flavour.
this one is for when are severely restricted in diet for medical reasons so is a lot higher in calories,vitamins/minerals and fibre than slimfast.

there is the atkins diet,but dont know how safe and successful it is.

ideally the best way around this,woud be to go to the GP and ask for a referal to the dietician,they dont lecture on eating things they think shoudnt be eating or lecture on why are not exercising,they are very nice judging from own experience-and try to build a personalised plan based on what foods will accept,and what foods wont accept,plus different forms of exercise.

theres lots of different forms of exercise that may actually like doing? like swimming? horse riding? roller skating/blading? taking a neighbours dog for a walk? ice skating? wii fit with a nintendo wii? those dancing games on games consoles? etc. a lot of working out/gym equipment isnt really for losing weight,but for building muscle.
The slimfast diet sounds like a good idea, might pop into my local tescos after work tonight and see if they have it.

As for excersie i sorta walk like 12 miles a day but its not really a lot as at the end im not tired much.
Katz,
if tescos doesnt have it,boots sells it and if there are no boots local, most chemists shoud probably stock it,seen it in our local loyds one.

-it will be very hard if are going to try it,might be better to wait till after christmas if are going to be eating christmas dinners and chocolates, christmasy food etc,as it puts weight on everyone and it may make self confidence go a bit if come off the diet for christmas and see extra weight put on.

it might be that have got a slow metabolism to,that can make losing weight more difficult,am exactly the same with it.Omg

shorter higher pressure exercise is better than longer calmer exercise, what about jogging or running a bit and having some sort of award set afterwards like,a non food item so it gives encouragement?
For me the best way to go about this is paying for a gym membership then you will have to go for atleast a month otherwise you have just wasted money.
i was thinking of joining the gym but with x-mas coming up i just don't have the funds, lol, i might join one after x-mas though
When I stopped playing sport for out of school teams, I put on 2 stone. Still getting it off!
Hey, how did you get weight, I want to!