Support Forums

Full Version: Gateway Netbook LT or Dell Laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The title says it all, but which one is better? I already know that the netbook is cheaper, but will it have a good size in RAM and ROM? Which one do you guys prefer? Smile
I would get the netbook. You can run Linux on it and it will be perfect.

Also, the new Chrome OS will be on a netbook, as it requires very little to run.
Yea i agree get a netbook
Okay, thanks for the advice. But what operating system? Can it run windows XP and windows 7? Don't say Vista because Vista sucks lol.
(12-12-2010, 09:51 PM)Jamie27 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, thanks for the advice. But what operating system? Can it run windows XP and windows 7? Don't say Vista because Vista sucks lol.

It can run Windows XP easy. Windows 7? Not sure, never tried.
(12-12-2010, 09:52 PM)xerotic Wrote: [ -> ]It can run Windows XP easy. Windows 7? Not sure, never tried.

Okay, thanks for your advice. Smile
(12-12-2010, 09:54 PM)Jamie27 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, thanks for your advice. Smile

No problem.. but as a thought.. be careful of trying Windows 7. Do some more research before making your final opinion. Anyone can take a guess. It would be best to have an informed opinion though.
(12-12-2010, 09:55 PM)xerotic Wrote: [ -> ]No problem.. but as a thought.. be careful of trying Windows 7. Do some more research before making your final opinion. Anyone can take a guess. It would be best to have an informed opinion though.

Okay thanks. I'm using the Netbook LT but I'm thinking of getting a laptop for more memory and so it won't be as slow. So yea.
I'd get the netbook.
Its portable easy use and not heavy weight nor a power guzzler.