Support Forums

Full Version: My Knee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, it started out mild. I have a pain in my right knee, on the outer right side.
I feel the pain, whenever I put weight/walk/bend tl;dr use my knee
Also, I play Soccer on a team, and that's making it worse..
I think that's how I injured it. I've talked to some friends, and they think its my outer acl. I'll be going to my doctor sometime this week to check it out.
But I want to know what to expect. This pain has been going on for two days. Yesterday it was mild. But today, it hurt all through practice, so I had to sit out. After practice we went out to eat, and after getting up after about an hour, I was in extreme pain. I had to hop on one leg. The pain has receded as of now. Note: I got back from the restaurant about 30 minutes ago.
Thanks for reading.
My advice would be to keep off your ankle for a while until you visit your doctor. Besides that, get some help walking around when it hurts? (Get a friend to support you while you limp)
If you did not injure it in any way, and it is sore on its own, it is probably not ACL.
My dad tripped and broke his knee/leg and shattered some nerves, and he needed ACL Re-constructive Surgery.

If it is ACL, what they do is usually get a piece of the ligament from a cadaver and perform surgery drilling through you shin, behind your knee, and out your upper leg. It is standard procedure and you will be up and about in a bit.

In my opinion, however, it does not seem as if you have ACL. Good luck.
(12-12-2010, 01:38 AM)CrzYMike Wrote: [ -> ]My advice would be to keep off your ankle for a while until you visit your doctor. Besides that, get some help walking around when it hurts? (Get a friend to support you while you limp)

Thanks, that what I plan on doing.

(12-12-2010, 04:28 AM)xerotic Wrote: [ -> ]If you did not injure it in any way, and it is sore on its own, it is probably not ACL.
My dad tripped and broke his knee/leg and shattered some nerves, and he needed ACL Re-constructive Surgery.

If it is ACL, what they do is usually get a piece of the ligament from a cadaver and perform surgery drilling through you shin, behind your knee, and out your upper leg. It is standard procedure and you will be up and about in a bit.

In my opinion, however, it does not seem as if you have ACL. Good luck.

Whats funny is, it hasn't been hurting today. But I'm almost positive it will if I start running or something. And I hope I don't need any surgery.
What I would do is get a pair of crutches and don't put any weight on it whatsoever. I definitely wouldn't do any running.
(12-12-2010, 03:20 PM)SiR CRaCk AL0T Wrote: [ -> ]What I would do is get a pair of crutches and don't put any weight on it whatsoever. I definitely wouldn't do any running.
The thing is, my knee hasn't been hurting at all today.
Maybe it's because I haven't done any running or exercise?

(12-12-2010, 05:26 PM)BizzyX Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is, my knee hasn't been hurting at all today.

It should be really bad for ACL.
You need to relax, no running or exercising on it excessively.
(12-12-2010, 05:27 PM)xerotic Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2010, 05:26 PM)BizzyX Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is, my knee hasn't been hurting at all today.

It should be really bad for ACL.

Ok, but what do I tell the doctor then? Because when I run alot it hurts.
But If I don't do anything, I'm perfectly fine.

(12-12-2010, 05:28 PM)Blacklite Wrote: [ -> ]You need to relax, no running or exercising on it excessively.

But what do I tell my doctor?
Rest for a day. Put your foot on some pillows to keep it elevated, and put an icepack where there was pain.
Pages: 1 2