Support Forums

Full Version: Why are webhosts so annoying?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, at my dad's work, their email and website have just disappeared.

When I try to call them I spend 1/2 hour on the phone listening to shitty music just to get a pre-recorded message saying "your call has progressed in the queue"

Finally about 15 minutes later, another pre-recorded message tells me that I can use the callback system. Due to my annoyance of waiting for so long (I don't work here) I chose to go with this half decent idea.

Its been an hour, and still no call.
I'm really getting the shits.

How long was the line in the 1st place?

(At least i have support forums.)
Turns out, they migrated our server and had to do everything manually.

This caused them to enter random passwords.

Unfortunately they forgot to tell us that our passwords had changed!
Sounds like a bad host. Might be time to change to someone more established and reputable.
Yes, I will be advising in December when the next invoice comes in.

That was ridiculous, really.

Every single email password was changed without warning, on a small business' server!
They also had no idea who the host was, or how to log onto the website and use the panel. If I wasn't around (even if I was out) they would have been forced to call in a technician and pay him to do it for them, just because they would have not had any idea what to do!

The website has still not propigated and I cannot veiw the website through 3 different computers/connections (one proxy). I will have to get onto this tomorrow.

Awesome, more time wasting.
That is rediculous. Time to head over to WHT. I'll PM you an Aussie host I know later when I get off work Big Grin
For work my dad hosts his own server. Has done an update since 96 and is running strong.
Due to our rural location, the first sign of power loss in any populated are means our power is diverted to that area.

We wouldn't be able to run a host, I wish we could, because I would have TONS of stuff to put on there. Also I don't have the know-how to set up or run a webhost very efficiently, and as soon as a problem arises, I wold be the only one able to fix it. This wouldn't be possible!
btw, Thanks Grizzly.
Time for a new host thats just not professional.