Support Forums

Full Version: Mybb SQL ERROR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I switched hosts and uploaded my sql backup and my file directory backup. This is what I get! (MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.)

Could someone plz tv me. Ill pay kudos
Appears MySQL isn't running. Contact your host and if this is a dedicated server please make sure MySQL is started.
Also make sure the host is correctly listed in the inc/config.php file. It's probably "localhost" but if you're on a shared host they sometimes will specify a separate mysql server location which might be an IP or a hostname like mysql.domain.com.
Man it still wont work. I have no idea whats up
Since you've switched hosts i'd say there's a problem with your config.php file. Can you post it?
It happens to me sometimes when i try to open hackforums.
Make sure that Mysql has started and contact your host
Make sure SQL is connected and configured to your host correctly.
(12-10-2010, 05:51 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: [ -> ]Since you've switched hosts i'd say there's a problem with your config.php file. Can you post it?

Darn. I forget all about my post. To update you guys I still have not figured it out yet. This is my config.php file. Idk If I did anything wrong. Also my root_sql is empty. no tables or nothing

http://pastie.org/1390531
We can't tell if you did anything because it's dependent on your host's configuration. Config.php wouldn't have to be edited ever if all hosts were the same. So, contact your host definitely and ask them specifically if mySQL is installed and where it's located at. Ask if it's on localhost.