Support Forums

Full Version: [TUT] How to work faster with Photoshop - Beginners and advanced designers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I've decided to post my first tutorial here one, I've posted this thread already on HF a long time ago, anyways here's it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Credits: psdtutorials

[Image: memorize.jpg]
If you memorize some of shortcuts that you often use, it will save most of your time, because you will be able to work 2 times faster than before. Most of Adobe Photoshop user must have memorized their own often used tools. Take a look at these summarized shortcuts here:
[Image: tools.jpg]
Tools that i often use:

* V - Move Tool (Most important!)
* M - Marquee Tool
* P - Pen Tool
* C - Crop Tool
* W - Magic Wand
* G - Gradient Tool
* B - Brush Tool
* Ctrl + Z - Undo (can't work without this shortcut!)
* Ctrl + T - Resize image or shape
* Ctrl + U Hue/Saturation

Sometimes, there are more than 1 tool in a shortcut. So you have to press shift alongside with the related shortcut.

For example, (W) consist of Quick Selection Tool and Magic Wand. The default setting for (W) is Quick Selection. If you want to select Magic Wand quickly, you just have to press Shift + W, and then press W again without releasing Shift button. Do you understand?
[Image: colorizetitle.jpg]
I realized that this tips boosts my speed effectively! I've just known that i can customize my menu with any color that i want. By coloring various menu and palette items, your eye will be quickly be drawn to them. Out of a long list of commands, the one you use most frequently can be color coded easily. You can also toggle the visibility of commands. You'll want to be careful with this one because the menu or palette item will be gone if you turn off the visibility. I'll show you how.

Changing the color of a menu command in PhotoshopTo get to this nifty trick, Select Window > Workspace > Keyboard Shorcuts & Menus. Click the Menu tab, and browse through the Application Menu Commands to find the commands you want to highlight. When you find the menu command you want to colorize, click the word None to reveal a dropdown of different colors.
[Image: Colorize.jpg]
Very Great tips. I like the Changing the color of a menu command, never thought of using it. Great Job
Nice tut. Quite easy to follow actually.
Thank you both of you and please don't forget that I've given the credits to it!