Support Forums

Full Version: [TUT] How-To re-size a picture, icon in Photoshop easly!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

This is a new tutorial by me, so the credits mainly go to me and I've not used any tutorials, it's pretty simple and I bet you won't have any major problems while doing it. I wish you luck and enjoy it.

------------------------------

Step 1

Open photoshop and go to File -> Open... and find your render picture, icon or whatever you want to re-size. In this example I'll be using an icon from IconFinder.com.

Step 2

Once you've found your desired 'element' we can start with the next step. Now you're maybe wondering How-To only re-size your icon, not thw whole 'document'. You'll need to right-click on the layer 'image' and chose the option 'Select Pixels'.

Step 3

Once you've selected the option head over to the next step(Step 3).
Now go to Image -> Image Size and select your outcome size. If you want to re-size only your document not the 'element' select 'Canvas Size'.

Step 4

once you finished it should be a different size, you can see it by your own eye so I don't need to post a outcome really.

I hope that you've enjoyed my tutorial. Credits goes to me for creating the whole tutorial by my own hands.

Please leave some comments and feedback!

~ Simba1337
Simple. But it may help some people.
Credits don't really go to you they go to Photoshop lol. Suppose it could help someone whos really new to using Photoshop though.
1.) Ctrl + T
2.) Drag corners to resize selection/layer.
Press Shift while dragging to constrain proportions, Press Alt while dragging to keep it anchored.

Much easier way in my opinion.
(12-11-2010, 10:41 AM)JDBar Wrote: [ -> ]1.) Ctrl + T
2.) Drag corners to resize selection/layer.
Press Shift while dragging to constrain proportions, Press Alt while dragging to keep it anchored.

Much easier way in my opinion.

Depends on the size of the image. It can be easier to use Image Size if the image is huge. (Saves zooming out etc..)
But yeh for an icon, I would just do Free Transform aswell.
Thanks great tutroial Smile
If you didin't knew how to rezize it in photoshop without making it blur your a really noob lol gl and nice tutorial. BTW if you want to learn more about photoshop I suggest you go to youtube and search there...
Can't you use Ctrl-T also and hold shift? That's always worked for me instead of using image size. Thanks for the tutorial though, it's always nice to see new information.
Nice and by the way what version of photoshop is it?
More Common sense than anything.
Pages: 1 2