Support Forums

Full Version: Lifting Injuries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been working out 5-days a week for the last two years doing, Bench Press, pull-ups, and push-ups mostly.

My main focus and what I really want to increase is my bench press, here is my progress.

Started 2009: Bench Press "100ibs 10reps"
Current 12/2010: Bench Press "215 10reps" or "245 7reps"

Here is the problem, for the last year I have been having pains in my shoulder which after working through the pain & sometimes taking days off workout days till the pain went away, but recently I have been having pain in my chest. So far this has happened two times, where I was unable to sit up for a long period of time I was stuck laying flat on my back, every time I would try to sit up I would loose breath and my heart would start to beat very fast, almost feeling like a knife stabbing my heart when trying to sit up. One thing I think may be related to this is the poping of my chest, I know very few people can pop their chest & im thinking possibly it could in someway be involved.

I really don't want to go to the doctor because I know my parents will get very worried, etc. Does anyone have a clue?

BTW im 17 and in fairly good shape.
Is it pain like a heartburn or pain like you pulled a muscle?
Neither really, it literally feels like im being stabbed when trying to sit up, then my heartbeat increases and I begin to loose breath until I lay back on the bench.
Well you need to go to the doctor man. It may be serious.
(12-05-2010, 07:15 PM)Orgasmic Wrote: [ -> ]Well you need to go to the doctor man. It may be serious.

Thanks for the advise, if the pain persist I will do so.
BTW I see you in my thread on HF Victoire
(12-05-2010, 07:24 PM)iCyber Attack Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the advise, if the pain persist I will do so.
BTW I see you in my thread on HF Victoire

Haha I know you sexy ub3r bitch <3
I would definitely recommended contacting a doctor.
Running is good for the functioning of the heart. cardio activities are good for reducing body fat and improve the sustainability of the level of model to run in the race. Also, keep a good posture while riding to prevent damage.
Just get a doctor, it is your best option.

Also, you might consider changing your diet and/or workout routine.
(12-06-2010, 03:41 PM)xerotic Wrote: [ -> ]Just get a doctor, it is your best option.

Also, you might consider changing your diet and/or workout routine.

This. You may be lifting to much.

Pages: 1 2