Support Forums

Full Version: [Source] Notepad using MDI [/Source]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had to make this project for school, figured I let some people learn from it. In case you don't know what MDI is, it stands for Multiple Document Interface. This is a very simple Notepad program with only a few options but is a good tool to learn from. I did not comment the code, however, if there are questions.. post them here. Enjoy.

Features
  • Create New Files
  • Open Existing Files
  • Save/Save As
  • Undo/Cut/Copy/Paste/Select all (under edit)
  • Select Window/Cascade Windows/Tile Horizontally/Tile Vertically
  • Vertical Scrollbar

[Image: notepad.png]

Download VB.net 2008 Source
I have an advanced version of this with an entire menu bar as well. I can't tell, but I don't think you added scroll bars did you? This is very very basic.

[Image: 15ouxbn.jpg]

Background and text color is interchangeable with the rgb color box. Saves in .txt format. And opens .txt

Edit: (Sept 2011) lol what a shitty application this notepad was...
I edited the OP, and added the features to it. The only thing I didn't add that it appears you have is the option to change color. Since this was a school project I didn't need to. Yours doesn't use MDI does it?
(11-29-2010, 09:50 PM)KoBE Wrote: [ -> ]I edited the OP, and added the features to it. The only thing I didn't add that it appears you have is the option to change color. Since this was a school project I didn't need to. Yours doesn't use MDI does it?

I can only open text file format with this, I have a rtf version as well to open that file extension
Not too bad, keep up the good work.
very nice application. i think im going to make my self one.