Support Forums

Full Version: So I need to get a new computer...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This probably won't be soon but I need to get a new desktop so I can actually play some games. I am currently living off my netbook (yes hilarious isn't it?) But I need a new desktop soon and all that so I was wondering what specs I need to run WoW and a few other high quality game like Diablo 3 and such. Thanks for any help!
(10-13-2009, 08:44 AM)Alowishus Wrote: [ -> ]This probably won't be soon but I need to get a new desktop so I can actually play some games. I am currently living off my netbook (yes hilarious isn't it?) But I need a new desktop soon and all that so I was wondering what specs I need to run WoW and a few other high quality game like Diablo 3 and such. Thanks for any help!

WoW and Diablo 3 will run on about anything.

Anyways, for excellent performance on most games:

Around 2.8gz processor or more (dual core recommended), 3gb of RAM, and a decent graphics card (not on-board). Look at Nvidia or ATI for a graphics card, they're so far ahead of actual games some of the older ones will work.
I play diablo 3 too, anyways. I would refer an eMachine. New brand kinda. As i have two and everyone is just like whats an eMachine?

Also games are fast on these things.
Do not get an eMachine, they are one of the worst pcs out there. My family just went through 2 of them in less than a year. HP, Acer are decent.

Or, you could build a decent desktop for about $400-500
Yea, I'd never go for an emachine. Ever. I will probably end up getting an HP or building my own if need be. Thanks for the help guys.
(10-13-2009, 11:30 AM)SF Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]I play diablo 3 too, anyways. I would refer an eMachine. New brand kinda. As i have two and everyone is just like whats an eMachine?

Also games are fast on these things.

Not very new. They actually suck and break quite easily. They are very out-marketed.
My grandma has an Eshit.They really suck. And hers is ancient...
emachines suck and you should just build a custom built machine you will know the parts and you can research each part also its easyly upgradeable when you have built it.
Its alot better to build a custom pc cause you will know all of your internals of you pc. Aion is a new high graphics game and it will run on 2gb of ram. I wouldn't recommend just getting that much todays standard is like 3gb.
I reccomend a HP, or alienware. Although alienware's are great for gaming, they are reeeaaalllyyy overpriced.
I have an HP for gaming, and it is really awesome. They have a lot of RAM and aren't very pricey.
Pages: 1 2