Support Forums

Full Version: Nix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nil.

Nothing to peruse here.
(11-27-2010, 10:34 AM)ven0m Wrote: [ -> ]well the title says all.
So is there any way to know when my PC was last turned off.

for example:
Suppose I turned on my PC at 4:00PM and turned it off at 4:30PM.
so the next time i log in how to find the last logout time.

Thanks in advance,
ven0m.

hey check this cool thing out:

Hey go to Command Prompt and type this:

systeminfo | find /i “boot time”

Tell me how that works out
you can use net user in cmd prompt as well.

Code:
net user Infinity

If Infinity was defined as my user account. look through the options there, your using XP so it should work, and you can even set the times that you are able to logon to your account. However that's only for the time you logged in.

All I know is that you can use the event log / audit policy to monitor logon/logoff events on your computer in your events viewer.
(11-27-2010, 11:28 AM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: [ -> ]hey check this cool thing out:

Hey go to Command Prompt and type this:

Tell me how that works out

hey man I did that but all I could find is my system information like my host name,my product id etc.

then i typed
Code:
in cmd but nothing happened.
can you help me.
thanks.
Heres one to find last boot time:
Code:
net statistics workstation | find "Statistics since"

But the first command isn't working because he probably got it off google, and forgot to tell you that it pipelines the information of systeminfo.exe into find.exe to find the string "Up Time" and display the result. the problem is that it might not display the result for you because the same command is different from say, vista SP1, to XP or other versions of windows like NT.

because there is a variable for it you can simply type in "systeminfo.exe" in your cmd prompt to display all the useful info it gives you, but it will not give you the last logoff time. The command for XP btw, is actually

Code:
systeminfo| find "System Up Time"
There was a cmd command I used, I think it was boot time or something like that...
I don't think it works anymore, if you use the latest service pack, otherwise try to do something in BIOS.
Never had XP, try to google search for something similar.

Maybe there is something in CMD to let you know, but not as I know of.