Support Forums

Full Version: Homeworld, Homeworld-Cataclysm, Homeworld 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody of you guys remember that? Great sci fi and space-themed RTS game that featured a great and solid 3d interface, wonderful visuals and a great soundtrack. I still play it once in a while, the ambiance and story are so good, I often wish they continued the saga and made a Homeworld 3.

Pictures:

Blackhat
Nope, I've never heard of it.. Is it any good?
(10-13-2009, 07:16 AM)Codine Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, I've never heard of it.. Is it any good?

It's pretty old actually. I personally like it because of the immersion into the game with excellent ambient music, great space backdrops and large space battles. It's an RTS with an XYZ axis of strategy (truly space immersion) instead of just the flat out ground plus flying and/or water units.

Some more info (from Wiki):

Homeworld is a real-time strategy computer game released on September 28, 1999, developed by Relic Entertainment and published by Sierra Entertainment. It is best known for its full three-dimensional movement, engrossing storyline and unique soundtrack. Homeworld was followed by Homeworld 2 in 2003.

Plot: (pretty long read)

Gameplay:

Soundtrack:

Samuel Barber's Agnus Dei and Choral version of Adagio for Strings (same classical tracks from PLATOON)

Blackhat