Support Forums

Full Version: Advice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, me and couple of my friends are gonna start a backyard MMA thing, we are young i have been trained as have a couple of them and a couple haven't. i would like to know rules you guys recommend etc... anything i should know about setting this up.
so far i have the following

Required equipment:
Gloves
Mouth Piece

recommended equipment:
cup
hand wraps

rules:
No knees / elbows to the head.
3 rounds 5 minutes a piece
Win by KO / TKO / Tap
we will stop fight if things go wrong.
no nut shots / throat shots.

also any legal stuff i should know to make sure i cant get sued for injuries that happen etc.

notice: i did not find anywhere in my state laws that doing this was illegal. since we will use gloves and have refs. but if i do find out its illegal then we wont do it because i will keep looking.
Yeh to make it legal I'm pretty sure you would have to not do it. Unless you get competitors to sign some sort of contract?

Don't worry about that though, me and my friends would box with gloves or without in the local park. Stop the fight if a face wound becomes to bad or the person shouts stop. Also if they can't stand properly. You've got to be really careful with head injuries.
ya we will watch face injurys really carefully and if theres any that are preety bad we will stop it or if the persons stumbling and can barley walk we will stop it.
Just make sure they sign something, but don't hold or quote me on that. You can check all the equipment you may need here
http://hubpages.com/hub/GETTING-STARTED-...HAT-TO-BUY
Just remember if a competitor says stop then you guys stop. He could break bones, puncture lungs, all sorts so when stop is said then you guy stop and you ask if they want to continue.
Kids are always going to fight each other, at least he's trying to set rules and boundaries as well as trying to make it as safe as possible.

I'd rather people fought like this instead of against innocent people on the street.

I love fighting, it's really fun and you can have a laugh if you keep it controlled, well as controlled as you can keep a fight.
(11-22-2010, 05:52 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]Kids are always going to fight each other, at least he's trying to set rules and boundaries as well as trying to make it as safe as possible.

I'd rather people fought like this instead of against innocent people on the street.

I love fighting, it's really fun and you can have a laugh if you keep it controlled, well as controlled as you can keep a fight.

I completely agree with you Sam. As long as it is controlled fighting can actually be good for you, as long as no one gets hurt. It has to be done in a controlled manor of which when one competitor says stop they have to stop. It can be a great stress reliever, but once again, has to be under control, and can quickly elevate to something more than just "play-fighting".
Ya, were gonna also have strict rules on trash talking to help it not elevate past the "play-fighting" and this is one big reason i want to do this is for people that cant afford a MMA gym because where i live they are expensive. i want people to fight with boundaries so that it doesnt happen in the street or in school were there gonna get suspended, stabbed or worse. i dont want serious injuries here and it will still let them have fun and relive some stress in as controlled an enviroment as i can make. plus it can help people that want to get healthier do it with some fun added in.
Are you going to record this? I am interestest and I would like to see this +)
(11-22-2010, 04:23 PM)R4GE_Xy-Cliche Wrote: [ -> ]notice: i did not find anywhere in my state laws that doing this was illegal. since we will use gloves and have refs. but if i do find out its illegal then we wont do it because i will keep looking.

Just because you have ref's doesnt mean anything. I'm sure if there was a law stating that you needed ref's, they would have to be licensed.
Me and my buds would box when I was in high school, and the cops one time crashed in and started tackling people thinking we were fighting. (with gloves? come on cops)

I would call the cops maybe in a close by town and see if they can think of any laws that may be broken.
Pages: 1 2