Support Forums

Full Version: Music Masters [Official Group Application]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Group Name: Music Masters
Group Image: [Image: ppyzn.gif] [GIF image, 1.54Kb size]

Group Mission: To explore the universal experience of music on a whole new level. Anyone willing to learn, or anyone who has had experience in music through computer software or live recording may join to share their advice and tips with others who want to learn more about music in general. In this group you will learn about some music theory as well as tips and tricks on how to produce music by ear if you have the talent to do that. You'll also gain knowledge about professional recording software and how to use and configure them to ensure that you get the best output from your creations!

Membership Requirements:
  • Must have at least 75 posts
  • Should have at least a month of experience (I'm expecting everyone to be honest here)
  • (Optional) Display a demo of your work in your application (download link or video format) [Duration: 10-15 seconds minimum *Submissions do not have to be a song, they can be a riff or a clip from a particular sound or instrument as well*]
    • Note: Quality of recorded demo will not be assessed, only performance. You'll gain information on how to improve your recordings hopefully later on by being in this group.
  • Must be willing to help others with music production related problems (Recording, Sounds, Tips, and other advice)

Group FAQ:
  • I don't know how to record my music, am I still able to join? Yes, you may join the group. No one has to record their music professionally to be considered a musician. If you don't have any software to produce your music if you play live, then recording from Audacity with a microphone would be sufficient enough for me to know if you can play or not. Programs like FL studio should be fairly straightforward on extracting a saved mp3 or wav file.

• I create a genre of music that isn't very popular, could I get accepted? Yes, this is encouraged as well since we're looking forward to expanding the variety of music that is created from people involved in this group. It would allow for lots of different perspectives on how people go about creating their music and lots of variation in the tips and advice given as well.

Application Format:
Code:
[color=#00BFFF][b]SF Username:[/b][/color]
[color=#00BFFF][b]Age:[/b][/color]
[color=#00BFFF][b]Experience in Music:[/b][/color]
[color=#00BFFF][b]Genres of Music:[/b][/color]
[color=#00BFFF][b]What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group?[/b][/color]
[color=#00BFFF][b]Demo:[/b][/color]
[color=#00BFFF][b]Anything Else?[/b][/color]

Memberlist:
Notes:
In order for this group to take effect, as you know i'm sure, we must have 10 members willing to be part of this group. All 10 members as a minimum that I will accept, must meet the group requirements stated above.

After we have 10 members who have all met the requirements, I'll send Omniscient a PM to wait for the group to be added to the forums Smile

This is not a group for purely expert musicians, but instead, for inspiring and dedicated music producers who have tried making creations at some point in their lives.

Important Update: You can put your submissions like this to make things easier for me if you have a video submission from either youtube or google video. The bbcode is in the code box below this sample video.

Code:
[yt]video url from youtube[/yt]
[youtube]video url from youtube[/youtube]
[video=youtube]video url from youtube[/video]
[video=googlevideo]video url from google video[/video]

*For the Youtube video code, I would prefer you to use the [yt] tag or the [video=youtube] tag because those will show a better quality video in your post. If you use the [youtube] tag, the output video that you'll see within your post will be a smaller size than if you were to use the [yt] or the [video=youtube] tags.

The example video code I used was:
Code:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6N24aIRG1E[/video]
SF Username:Extra
Experience in Music:About a year, but it was spread between then.
Genres of Music:Pop,Emo/rock,dubstep.
What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group?I'm great at finding different beat clips for users, and I'm O.K at mixing with Virtual DJ.
Demo:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbGempn3mdo -Old and not that good.Anything Else?I don't think so.
ill record something tuesday or wednesday. im gonna go ahead and post app and add in link later. if you will accept from songs iv posted on here please do. i was just thinking about making a group like this.

SF Username: R4GE_Xy-cliche
Experience in Music:i have been a guitarist for 2 years bassist for six months song writer for three months, vocalist for 2 months.
Genres of Music: Hard Rock, Metal, Deathcore, Death metal.
What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group? i can help with song writing ideas and also with C&C of a song.
Demo: dont have anything recorded yet, i will post a few song links and if you like update with a video tuesday or wednesday.
Anything Else?songs iv wrote:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=13904
thanks for reading. if you dont accept till i have video posted i understand.
Extra, you are accepted, that's fairly good for using Virtual DJ, I know I've experimented around with it as well. It's a simple fun program for anyone, and you don't need to be a professional to use it. The more experience from users who have background in several programs other than just one, will be beneficial to the group overall Smile

Based on your experience, I'm going to say that you could be a good asset to helping members out with the more hard hitting area in rock music. I have to stick to the requirements that i've made, but I don't see a reason not to accept you so far. You have a lot of music background for making lyrics, as well as playing bass and guitar. Song links or a simple 10-15 second video on camera should be good enough. I'll set that as a standard for the demo in the first post right now. Looking forward to having you in the group man Smile
Alright man thank you, i will get the video ASAP.
(11-21-2010, 06:47 PM)R4GE_Xy-Cliche Wrote: [ -> ]Alright man thank you, i will get the video ASAP.

Also, i've added more details on the submissions to clear things up for any questions people might have.

Submissions do not have to be a song in particular. If you are an inspired musician without a band for instance, and you dont know how to use music software, then that will lower your chance of gaining entry to the group. So thats the reason i've changed that.

Even if you play a riff over a backtrack/song or play a riff as a standalone sound. You can be accepted.

Ex// Singing without any other sounds influence over your voice.
(11-21-2010, 06:38 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Extra, you are accepted, that's fairly good for using Virtual DJ, I know I've experimented around with it as well. It's a simple fun program for anyone, and you don't need to be a professional to use it. The more experience from users who have background in several programs other than just one, will be beneficial to the group overall Smile

Based on your experience, I'm going to say that you could be a good asset to helping members out with the more hard hitting area in rock music. I have to stick to the requirements that i've made, but I don't see a reason not to accept you so far. You have a lot of music background for making lyrics, as well as playing bass and guitar. Song links or a simple 10-15 second video on camera should be good enough. I'll set that as a standard for the demo in the first post right now. Looking forward to having you in the group man Smile

Sweet =D I'm starting to sing more (Highly filtered voice though, my voice is horrible) And I'm learning FL studio ;) It's really complicated though Confused
R4GE_Xy-Cliche put your submission in a new post so that this thread gets a notification in my subscribed threads, or PM me a link.

Update!: You can put your submissions like this to make things easier for me if you have a video submission from either youtube or google video. The bbcode is in the code box below this sample video.

Code:
[video=youtube]video url from youtube[/video]
[video=googlevideo]video url from google video[/video]

If you want you can put the video inside a spoiler after to hide it a bit to minimize the size of each application height-wise

Code:
[spoiler]full video code[/spoiler]

Extra Wrote:Sweet =D I'm starting to sing more (Highly filtered voice though, my voice is horrible) And I'm learning FL studio ;) It's really complicated though

Thats great to hear! Smile I'm looking forward to seeing some of our talented singers as well from SF! I myself, will try to post a few FL Studio tutorials for you on these forums to help you learn.
Aww man i wish i could join, music means everything to me.

If you change your mind
SF Username: Exhale
Experience in Music: 3 years of guitar, my Dad constantly plays country, swiss music through the house
Genres of Music: Death metal, metal in general, Some techno/rap-ish stuff, anything with a solid beat
What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group? At first, nothing much but as i learn how to record/remix and use music software i'll post short random songs up for opinion.
Demo: None yet, sorry
Anything Else? Self taught musician (including watching youtube and stuff.) Im a little harsh with myself. Im open to all styles of music.

I probably wont get accepted until spring because im trying to post more HQ stuff but i hope ill get accepted later.
SF Username: Shock
Experience in Music: Used to be a Malvager DJ and have DJ'ed for friends birthday party.
Genres of Music: Pop / Rap / Hip-Hop / Alternative / Rock / Dubstep / More Various.
What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group? I am a DJ and can help people with their library.
Demo: Will make later. Computer is slow due to viruses.
Anything Else? I would like to trade libraries with people. Maybe build my music collection. Anyone please contact me. Thank You.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9