Support Forums

Full Version: Should i Make a Market Place - Opinion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know if i should make a marketplace like hackforums. I really don't want to have to deal with scam reports and dealing with them, can someone explain to me how hard it is. Like a lot of people say in order for your forum to become popular you might as well create a marketplace. HuhOmg
It obviously takes a high level of patients, leadership, and respect. Along with good decisions and fair judgment. If you think you can handle it, do it. Usually they do bring more people to the site. And if your not ready, find a partner or two to help you with it. Split the scam reports etc.
Can i get sued?
(11-18-2010, 04:56 PM)MattG Wrote: [ -> ]Can i get sued?

That depends, if you clearly state on the site that whatever happens is not your fault, and your deals are with the users-- not you. That should prevent lawsuites. But don't hold that against me.
See thats were im scared, i want my forum to be more active but not sure i want to get into that field.
Advertise. Simple. Advertise where you will get the ideal people to be at your forums, example. if it's a game forum then get advertisements on game sites. Offer something unique, cheats, hacks. Those are not so unique but more unique than a general gaming forum.
You're already running a forum which hasn't made it yet. Why start another?
A forum isn't the right software for a dedicated marketplace imo.
There are already to many that people would use rather than yours. Especially if you dont advertise and or have connection with people that can help you out.
Okay, so i already have a good idea that i use, and its worked so far to get a couple of members, hope to expand on it. However, with the marketplace, i think im going to do it. This is the warranty, i don't know whether or not to allow selling of accounts, but i dont think so, because i dont wana get sued from blizzard because they sued a gold seller.

This is what i think im going to disallow

Accounts, and Currency,
Hacks or Viruses,
Steam Games

any other ideas of things to disallow.
The question is .. what are you going to ALLOW. You just disallowed a lot of stuff there.
Pages: 1 2