Support Forums

Full Version: Error Message | D: Access is Denied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I cant access it as admin, or watch dvds, Ive tried playing movies in vlc, and it cant access it either, not really sure what the issue is either, because from what ive seen, cds work.
Um... does "it" have a function or a name?
If its folder which getting you that "Access Denied" error, than you must take ownership and access privileges to that folder .
But if its your CD/DVD drive, than you must try to disconnect I/O ports associated with your CD/DVD and connect them again.
OR take it for granted that your CD/DVD drive has been no more..
ok so more info:

Dvd RW dvd disc drive

Dvd Multirecorder

Win7 os

Lightscribe compatible

4 gig ram

laptop hp pavaillion dv6000

Disk management info:
CD-ROM 0
hp_azakaban (DSmile
7.49 UDF
healthy
I'm sorry if this is wrong but this is what I read, You need to take ownership of a file? RightClick>Properties>Security>Edit>Set all to 'Allow'
You should have ownership.
(11-17-2010, 04:19 PM)Extra Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry if this is wrong but this is what I read, You need to take ownership of a file? RightClick>Properties>Security>Edit>Set all to 'Allow'
You should have ownership.

How to take ownership

If that didn't work you could also try;

Unlocker
Other members have already answered you question.
(11-18-2010, 11:01 AM)Extremespeed™ Wrote: [ -> ]Other members have already answered you question.

Actually no, no they havent at all, they havent come close. A drive is not a folder, its a drive. A folder exists on a drive. I cant access the hardware itself, all it will allow me to do is run cds ive burned, it wont run dvds as intended. Please refrain from posting here unless you have adequate knowledge to provide a valid answer.
Sorry if im missing something, but what operating system are you using. Im guessing your using windows 7

Try this
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-hard...enied.html

If not...

I wonder if it is an issue with your partion. I wonder if backing up your files, if you can or if you have any, and then booting and nuking your computer. http://www.dban.org/ and then reinstalling windows 7 will fix it. Did you make a backup of your computer when you first got it.

I googled this, and found a lot of people with this issue.
If its DVD/CD drive, Than you have to ask technical support because ownership doesn't work for CD/DVD burner or DISCS.
Pages: 1 2