Support Forums

Full Version: Why you should think twice about using Google Chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
http://www.minyanville.com/dailyfeed/goo...from=yahoo

Quote:Chrome topped the list with 76 vulnerabilities, beating the 60 of Apple's Safari browser. Bit9 CTO Harry Sverdlove indicated that since Chrome is still relatively new, security researchers are placing more scrutiny on the software, which could potentially increase the vulnerability number. Sverdlove and his group reportedly analyzed 3,268 reported vulnerabilities -- ranging from buffer-overflow to cross-site scripting -- to create the list.

I know many are a fan of the new Google Chrome browser but realistically it's still very new and buggy. Now you also should be very concerned about vulnerabilities too.
I use google chrome and I have never seen a bug
I was using Chrome, but I didn't like it so I went back to Firefox.
(11-16-2010, 11:22 AM)Firetech Wrote: [ -> ]I use google chrome and I have never seen a bug
It has nothing to do with "bugs" they are security issues. And is the number 1 reason why I have stayed with Firefox. And the rumors that google is harvesting your online experience.
(11-16-2010, 11:41 AM)Xzotic Wrote: [ -> ]It has nothing to do with "bugs" they are security issues. And is the number 1 reason why I have stayed with Firefox. And the rumors that google is harvesting your online experience.

My computer is clean and I don't have anti virus only HJT lol what do you mean when you say security issues ?
I use google chrome and I have never seen a bug
(11-16-2010, 12:35 PM)Firetech Wrote: [ -> ]My computer is clean and I don't have anti virus only HJT lol what do you mean when you say security issues ?
Websites that are malacious can inject things into your computer and some webbrowser have security features to prevent this. This is only an example of a security flaw that google chrome could have. I'm no expert in that area so i cant say much.
Google chrome has huge privacy issues, they see EVERY key you even type in the search bar, even if you don't send it.

Use this: http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

Doesn't log every key =) same as Google Chrome except without alot more privacy issues.
Ill think about using it when its more secure, but for now, ill still with my firefox, nice addons, very customizable, and quite fast. In my honest opinion, its all I think ill every need.
Yikes, that's pretty bad. I'm on Chrome right now actually (brothers computer).. I should download Opera like I've done on my main CPU. I do not like Firefox as much anymore, it seems bulky and slow to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7