Support Forums

Full Version: Paper Wings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: paperwings.png]
Render:
CnC please.
You shouldn't have made the render transparent so the script would've gone behind the render.
Would of looked alot better. Your text on the bottom right is awful lol, remove it.
Then cut out some of the black on the right side.
(11-14-2010, 04:26 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't have made the render transparent so the script would've gone behind the render.
Would of looked alot better. Your text on the bottom right is awful lol, remove it.

I don't think he was stylizing his text. That much should be obvious lol Smile Sometimes I do that just to put a tag on things for titles.

But, if you focus on the image. It looks fairly decent. The wings could have been done a little better, but if you drew that, or that was part of the effect to have it look like they were drawn on paper, then it's ok I guess. I would have used a render for a pair of wings to make it look a little better.

I like the idea of the script in the background as well. Very creative.

Creativity 7/10 - The ideas are great, but theres not a whole lot added.
Overall - I'd say 6.5/10

But I don't think it would look good having the faint scroll in the background, with a full opacity on your render, so no, keep the transparency. But maybe you could turn up the opacity just a little bit, since the wings transparency seem off to the actual render.
(11-14-2010, 04:26 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't have made the render transparent so the script would've gone behind the render.

The text on the bottom right is to rightfully claim this art mine. Nothing more, nothing less.
(11-14-2010, 09:53 PM)Pineapple Wrote: [ -> ]The text on the bottom right is to rightfully claim this art mine. Nothing more, nothing less.

People can take that off your image though pretty easily.

Other than that, it's ok for a start. Keep up the committment, follow a few tutorials, experiment, use your imagination and creativity, and you'll get better in no time Smile

Thats all it takes. Practice and committment.
(11-14-2010, 09:53 PM)Pineapple Wrote: [ -> ]The text on the bottom right is to rightfully claim this art mine. Nothing more, nothing less.

No point adding the text if it makes the image look bad.

Also don't listen to Infinity make the render full opacity Big Grin
Then use some colour adjustment levels.
Seems fine, my overall rating is 7/10. You need to improve a little the color!
(11-15-2010, 05:36 AM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]No point adding the text if it makes the image look bad.

Also don't listen to Infinity make the render full opacity Big Grin
Then use some colour adjustment levels.

The text doesn't make the image look bad, just ignore it, if he likes putting a title or a name tag to his 'masterpieces' then so be it.

And if he doesn't change anything else on the image, i'd suggest to him to place a transparent version beside the full opacity version. It won't look as good, I promise you. I could see where he was heading, and making a full opacity object would bring attention to just the guy, since he would cover up almost 90% of the script in the background. That would make it look like junk. I think he wanted everything in the image to be a focus point. You need to visualize that
(11-15-2010, 05:47 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]The text doesn't make the image look bad, just ignore it, if he likes putting a title or a name tag to his 'masterpieces' then so be it.

And if he doesn't change anything else on the image, i'd suggest to him to place a transparent version beside the full opacity version. It won't look as good, I promise you. I could see where he was heading, and making a full opacity object would bring attention to just the guy, since he would cover up almost 90% of the script in the background. That would make it look like junk. I think he wanted everything in the image to be a focus point. You need to visualize that
[Image: paperwingsopac.png]
(11-15-2010, 08:38 PM)Pineapple Wrote: [ -> ][Image: paperwingsopac.png]

I do like the original one indeed. Since I hate all that anime "sh*t" people put up lol. I'm too old to be a fan of that kind of stuff. It's more kid stuff to me. This puts too much emphasis on just the character. And unless you are going to add extra lighting effects like most anime fans do.. I'd suggest you keep it like this, since I predicted that it would look too plain, if this is what your going for, for a finished image.

This takes away the mythical/mysterious appearance.

The first one looks like a fading angel. This one looks like a sticker on a background.

If you were going to add effects to make the image more full, then I would reconsider changing the opacity to full.
Pages: 1 2