Support Forums

Full Version: Unsure of Depression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey SF,

I'm posting here today because I feel I need to and I don't think I have anywhere else to turn at the moment.

I'm 16, in College, straight A's, Computing, Physics, Maths, Biology.
I feel I've got a good social life, plenty of 'friends' etc, everything with my family's fine, just the usual 'teenage rows' but only ever with my Mum, not my Dad (Divorced).

The problem is I just feel so alone. Even when I'm with my friends I feel alone, even when I'm joining in discussions and having fun, laughing etc I still feel alone. When I'm not with my friends I feel like they may be talking behind my back and I feel very insecure about that. I think extremely low about myself, I'm 6 ft 4, 206 pounds, I just feel obese and out of place anywhere though.

Whenever I get invited out to places I'm always unsure of whether to go or not, I think I may be impeding on my friends enjoyment etc.

Also recently, I've had feelings of "What's the point of life", "Why should I try hard to succeed for nothing".

I know this isn't a very good explanation of the situation but I just can't really put my finger on it.

For anyone who'd rather not read my wall of text:
- Feels constantly alone, even in good company.
- Extremely self concious (Never had a Girlfriend).
- Low confidence level

Thanks for reading and any advice/support people input.

~Fish
Maybe you got schizophrenia?
Could be.
(11-14-2010, 10:38 AM)C4Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you got schizophrenia?
Could be.

I'll take this into consideration thanks but I do not have any other symptoms such as Disorganisation or Hallucinations etc, just the one's I described in my post above.

Thanks for the reply though.

~Fish
schizophrenia's main symptom is hallucinations (correct me if I'm wrong) and I didn't read that he had hallucinations..
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=13611
Check that to see if it helps.
(11-14-2010, 10:53 AM)Extra Wrote: [ -> ]schizophrenia's main symptom is hallucinations (correct me if I'm wrong) and I didn't read that he had hallucinations..
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=13611
Check that to see if it helps.

Thanks for the link, I've been reading through the thread and I've tried a lot of that but it doesn't seem to help me, one of the main problems though is lack of sleep, I only get 5-6 hours a night at my best but I just cannot sleep.

Thanks for the reply.

~Fish
Schizophrenia has many forms, not just hallucinations.
Yet, he said he feels alone even though there are people around him.
For now, I recommend finding a hobby. It will greatly aid you in times of crappy feelings. You may already have one, but try to find one that REALLY makes you happy. To work on your self consciousness, believe it or not it helps if you work on your hygiene. Simply washing your face a few times a day, brushing your teeth 3 times a day or at least once every day, stuff like that. It will make you feel better about yourself.
As for finding a hobby, I would recommend picking up something physical such as a sport. I took up boxing several months ago, and it's made me feel better than the Citalopram or Wellbutrin I've taken ever has. It makes me feel so alive.

Depression is different for each person; it's hard to tell you why you're depressed or how to treat it. Recognizing you're depressed is the first and most important step. Without it, you can never be on the road to recovery. You say you have many friends, but do you have at least one friend you could confide in about anything? A friend you would share things nobody else in your life knows?
do you have a girlfriend?
and are you the same "fish" from HF?
(11-16-2010, 01:42 PM)OhThatsYummy Wrote: [ -> ]do you have a girlfriend?
and are you the same "fish" from HF?

I'm not just "Fish" from HF but yes I use that site, and no I don't.

Thanks for your advice though guys, feel a lot better now, been invited to a party this Friday.

Things are looking up.