Support Forums

Full Version: Need to lose weight.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm getting tired of always being that last kid on the track or the one that can't run the full time our teacher has us do. I need help to lose weight and some workouts you guys would suggest to lose some of this extra body weight and to start to be fit.

Some information about me:
* I'm 16 years of age.
* I'm attending Junior year in High school
* I weigh about 220 pounds
* My height is about 5' 9"
* In gym I participate with class and try really hard to keep going, but then I get to the point where I have to give up.
* No exercise equipment, and no way of going somewhere to use equipment.
* I'm really up to try anything at this point, so any serious help is really appreciated.
Stop eating junkfood and candy.
Run at least 10 miles everyday, maybe 2 times 5 miles. Or 4 times 2.5 miles.
And do this every morning, and every evening.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgJtdZOBvc4[/yt]

You'll see some results in a few months.
Losing weight starts with a good diet. There are various calorie calculators you can use that determine how many calories you need for losing weight with your statistics, but let me post what my calorie equation came up with for you:

Your base calorie amount that my equation came up with is 2200 calories a day. This is factored by your weight, height, and age. Now the amount of calories you need to lose your weight depends on how active you are.

Little to no activity - 2140 calories a day
Light exercise 1-3x/week - 2525 calories
Moderate exercise 3-5x/week - 2910 calories
Hard exercise 6-7x/week - 3240 calories

Keep in mind that as you lose weight, you will have to recalculate your caloric needs. I've obtained these numbers from the Insanity Fitness Program, which I've used with success. Your meals should be balanced and spread out to about 5-6 meals a day. What are your eating habits like now?

The Insanity program requires no equipment and is very intense. It will improve your cardio and fitness drastically. If anyone wants me to post the calorie equation provided in the Insanity Nutrition Guide, let me know.
Well what many above never seemed to ask..

Are your other family members overweight? Keep in mind that some people have more trouble losing weight where overweight runs in the family.
Your not even that much over weight. I was 270, now im 205. Really depends on your build. If your a muscular 220 , I see no problem with that.
the #1 thing is u honestly need to be motivated to loose the wieght. Its much easier said then done; once you are motivated or ready start out slow, and each time push ur self a bit further.
1.) So stop eating junk or sweets (eat healthy)
2.) when u wake up and before u go to bed do lets say 15 sit ups for 1 week then go up by 5. (so next week do 20 in morning and 20 at night and slowly go up.)

3.) drink lots of water and avoid soda n tht stuff Tongue

*good luck
Thanks for the help everyone. And @Lin, my mom is over weight and my dad is average.
@Corea, thanks. My eating habits right now is no breakfast, small lunch and an average sized dinner. Will go into more detail later, on my ipod in class right now so hard to type alot.
Cut back on unhealthy food.
Get good sleep.
Try to run maybe like 2 miles 5 times per week for the first week, then increase that by a mile for every passing week until you hit 10 miles?
80% of losing weight is to do with your food consumption, and 20% exercise.

You need to eat less food, and more healthier, fat burning foods. Also, don't drink anything else but water or green tea(No sugar). Fizzy drinks are so bad for you.
What foods do you guys suggest? I have been staying away from chocolates and other sweets but anything else i should stay away from? I also cut down on how much pop i drink and have started to work out in the morning at nights.
Pages: 1 2 3