Support Forums

Full Version: PC making too much noise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, i'm here for a while already (unregistered).
I decided to register, and got my first question already:
Sometimes my PC makes noise like a drill or something. What can I do to stop/less this?

Thanks in advanceSmile,
Skrull
Has it always been like that since you bought it?

If so then you can probaly reduce it by using a different surface.

It's probaly your fan making the noise because the computer may get to hot and it has to spin faster.
Try opening the case (if it's a computer not a laptop) and cleaning the fan. (while the computer is off!)
If it's a laptop your most likely damaged the case/had something on it that pushed the case into the fan. This happened to my Acer Aspire One. I just waited awhile and it fixed itself, Either that or I got used to it. (Look for indented parts on the casing, and take the casing apart, try popping it out) For desktops and laptops alike open it up and CLEAN THE FAN. Sweep it, blow on it. There is alot of dust that gets clogged up in the fan so just clean that and it runs smoothly.
Well I got this same problem on my computer, but I know how to fix it. (I didn't on my because I don't want to waste money, but I can live with the noise). Try buying a new cooler, if that doesn't work just hit it. It will stop I am 100% sure. - Thanks.

Regards,
Science.
probably a fan.
It could be the fan.
It could be that it is the hard drive. Some drives just make those noises when they spin (number crunchers).
Maybe there's a screw loose, and you computer cabinet is amplifying it.
My computers fans are so loud it's not even funny. When shutting down my PC my ears feel funny because it's so quite suddenly :O
What everyone said - it could be a lot of different things. First try checking for anything that's loose, then clean your fan.
Clean your fans with electronic contact cleaner spray and then let it run for a while always works for me.
The only parts spinning in you computer would be the Hard Drive(Unless you have an SDD), CPU Cooling fan, ans any other cooling system. Check to see if there is any derbs, hair, or other obstacles.
Pages: 1 2