Support Forums

Full Version: Strange computer behaviour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I recently bought a computer from a site like ebay, but it is called vatera.hu

The computer works perfect, but recently a strange thing keep happening sometimes...when I turn on the pc it keeps restarting every 5 seconds...and the only thing that solves the problem if i pull out the pc form electricity and then put it back and turn on and everything works fine oO

once it is loaded up it never restarts....

maybe the even more strange is when i turn it out once it turned out it suddenly start again oO and the same thing solves the problem if i pull out from electricity.

If i remember well this proble did not appeared when i bought the pc, but then I bought a vga to it since it had an integrated GMA on it.

the vga is called ati radeon hd 4600, i installed the driver that i got with the card and all worked fine as far as i remember well. But I reinstalled the pc..I tried out Win 7, and the problem appeared....then installed XP again but the problem kept appearing. But I never ever installed the original driver that I got with the card, since win 7 and also xp (build in drivers etc) recognised it automatically...maybe the restarts are caused by this? or the problem is totally different?

I know this all are messy but I am really worried :S

my pc stats: click here for image

Thanks in advance, hopefully someone will know the fix for this strange problem. Smile
I used to have a computer that would do this, turns out it had a bad power supply. I had to replace it, then it worked fine. However your case sounds strange, you should check to see if the person you bought it from is in the same country as you. If not, they might have been supplying a different amount of power. For example, I know that houses in USA are 220 volts, but not in Europe. Good luck with your problem, I hope I was helpful.
(12-30-2010, 03:19 PM)cody8295 Wrote: [ -> ]I used to have a computer that would do this, turns out it had a bad power supply. I had to replace it, then it worked fine. However your case sounds strange, you should check to see if the person you bought it from is in the same country as you. If not, they might have been supplying a different amount of power. For example, I know that houses in USA are 220 volts, but not in Europe. Good luck with your problem, I hope I was helpful.

Actually it is the other way around. 220 volts in europe but only 120 volts in the US. But he is right hermit, it is very likely that it is either your power supply or the ac adapter. It could also be the battery. Do some troubleshooting.
hmm wht is ac adapter?

i gonna check it wiht other power supply and will check the battery ( guess u mean the motherboard battery )

yes the person is in the same country as me.

AC adapter is the power wire of your computer which brings power to it. It may be due to lack of power or bad power supply, but you may also want to consider installing the driver that came with the V/C.