Support Forums

Full Version: Graphic Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Description : I am going to show you how to become a beginner graphic maker.

Made by : Science

Graphic Introduction

Graphics, it's a simple way on how to make images. With graphics you can make signatures, avatars, brushes, wallpapers, themes and similar. So to start making graphics you need a program to make them. The most easy graphic programs is PhotoShop. You can make all the graphics in Photoshop. So the paint is installed in the Computer that means you need to download Photoshop. To do that follow this member'stutorial.

After do download Photoshop we can start learning

Rendering

Render is a image you put in a wallpaper, theme, signature and avatar. The easiest sites for renders are : Google and PlanetRenders (You need to register and log-in in PlanetRenders though). After you find and download a render you need to open it. To do that just go File>Open or File>Place (To place you need to open a layer). After that if the render is with background you need to use the Magic Eraser Tool. Just click on the background and it will be deleted.
Example :
[Image: iucNk.png]

Text

To make a simple text just use the Horizontal Type Tool. After that you have pt Style of text and to be bold or normal and color. Now after that is done just click on the image and type something. After that you can also add effects on the text. To do that just right click the Layer which the text was written on and go to blending options. With the blending options you can add :
  • Drop Shadow
  • Inner Shadow
  • Outer Glow
  • Inner Glow
  • Bevel and Emboss
  • Contour
  • Texture
  • Satin
  • Color Overlay
  • Gradient Overlay
  • Pattern Overlay
  • Stroke
You can be creative and add those things till the text gets better. You can also make a shadow on the text. To do that just Duplicate the text later (Right click it and Duplicate Layer). After that just go to Edit>Transform>Scale and make it like a shadow. Than make lower Opacity and Fill.

Example :
[Image: itSi8.png]

Move Images

To move images you need to use the Move Tool (V) and just click the layer and than just remain it that way and move it.

Brushes

Brushes are used to make really cool effects on the image. So I am going to show you how to use them and make one. First to use one you need to select the tool and the brush. To do that just click the Brush Tool and than select the arrow that points down. (Under the File.) Now to create a brush you can draw one and erase one. (To make with the erasing this just fill the background black with Paint Bucket Tool and than use the Eraser Tool to erase the background making a shape). You can also make a shape with the brush. After the shape is done just right click the layer and go to Select Pixels. After that just go to Edit>Define Brush Set. And than a text box will pop and just name it.

Signature

To create a full Signature it will take really hard work so lets start. First you need to find a render. After that don't open it. Now on a different layer you need to select a background or you can make a background out of the colors of the Render. Now after opening a new layer (File>New) go to File>Place and select your render. After that use the Eyedropper Tool and select 1 color than Switch Foreground and Background colors (X) and select the next color. Than use the Gradient Tool and make the background effect.

Example :
[Image: iu8Li.PNG]
Now after that put the Render layer in front and it would be cool. Now you can add some render effects from this tutorial or add things my way. So I will show you my way with brushes. Now make a new layer and select the Brush Tool and select one brush. After that use the brush on the signature, but with different color. After putting one brush use the Smudge Tool, select the same brush and smudge it. After your done with the brushing and smudging it's time to add the final things. - 1 Border and text. To add a border you need to make a new layer and select the whole background with the Rectangular Marquee Tool. After that right click it and go to Stroke. And select color and pixels. After that you just need to add text and your done.

Wallpaper

To make a good wallpaper you need to select a great and big image. Now I am going to show you how to make a cool effects one the image. Confusedmile:
First just open the big image and display it. After that duplicate it and hide the original layer (Just click on the eye next to the layer.) After that select the fake layer and use the brush tool in red color and any kind and make it 2-3 PX. And after that just color the image that is on the wallpaper, but very precise and after that just put the original layer/wallpaper in front and make it visible (Like way you make it un visible) and it will become like a cool effect.

An Avatar is a image, like a little one. The avatar can be with text and with image. With text is easy. (I really don't think I should explain it, because it's explained already in this tutorial.) Now to make an Avatar with a image you need to find one. After you do display it and render it. After that is done just put some effects and your done.
After fully master this and reading it you can be able to do and to know such more things in Graphics.

PS : Thanks for Reading!
This is just explaining the basics in Photoshop. What if I use Gimp, this tutorial wouldn't be valid for me then.
Well yeah this is only for beginners.
nice guide,should help people like me :]
(11-08-2010, 02:43 PM)Killuminati Wrote: [ -> ]nice guide,should help people like me :]
Thank you Killuminati. And yeah it's a guide to start graphics, with reading this tutorial you can know the basics and some other effects. Confusedmile:

PS: This thread will get upgraded soon, with more things. Thumbsup

Thanks,
Science.
The description is a bit misleading.
I read it, yet I'm not on my maximum. :/

Ghehe, good guide though.
(11-09-2010, 08:31 AM)C4Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]The description is a bit misleading.

It says he's going to show you how to become a maximum/great graphic maker. It doesn't say you'll be one straight away after reading it.
This is good!
I think this needs a sticky.
I haven't got the time to read it, but I will later.
I skimmed through it and the parts that interested me seemed really good!
(11-09-2010, 08:31 AM)C4Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]The description is a bit misleading.

I know I though it will help more, but it didn't. It will just make you a beginner. Well the name is Introduction.

(11-09-2010, 05:30 PM)Wal-Mart Wrote: [ -> ]This is good!
I think this needs a sticky.
I haven't got the time to read it, but I will later.
I skimmed through it and the parts that interested me seemed really good!
Wow thanks for the wonderful comment Wal-Mart. I don't think the site Staff's will also agree this to be sticky.
Well I just wanted to inform all that I updated the thread. I also would like to know if it has some errors and if you got any ideas I will update. (Just post) - Thank you dudes. Confusedmile:

Regards,
Science...
Pages: 1 2