Support Forums

Full Version: Downloading speed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my internet connection.

[Image: 1014270813.png]

Its 1MB, but it only torrents and downloads with 120KB/s
There are many factors that determine the speed while torrenting. Do you use utorrent?
Maybe it's not even your speed that is limited, it is possible you're trying to download something with limited seeders who have low connection speed or a torrent that has bad health (more leechers than seeders).
Also run the utorrent setup guide to help optimize your speed. Having an upload speed limit can actually improve your upload/download speed even though you wouldn't think it would.
I do believe you can setup your router to port forward your torrent program with the correct port and this will also give your speed an immense boost.you just need to find out the port which the program is running on-it should tell you somewhere in the config pages of of utorrent and then set it up in your router config page.

any questions dont be afraid to pm me and ask about it

regards

NinJa
(11-02-2010, 11:36 AM)NinJa_12 Wrote: [ -> ]I do believe you can setup your router to port forward your torrent program with the correct port and this will also give your speed an immense boost.you just need to find out the port which the program is running on-it should tell you somewhere in the config pages of of utorrent and then set it up in your router config page.

any questions dont be afraid to pm me and ask about it

regards

NinJa

I don't even think utorrent would work if the port wasn't forwarded, not sure.

Anyways, if your router supports UPnP then just use that option in utorrent's settings, that way you don't have to manually port forward.
All my ports are opened.

And its the same with regural, brower-based downloads.
(11-02-2010, 12:00 PM)NekoChan Wrote: [ -> ]All my ports are opened.

And its the same with regural, brower-based downloads.

You need to remember that download speeds are relative. The speed you posted in this thread is from the connection forged between you and a server that is very close to you. It's a two way road when downloading things. Not only does your connection speed factor in but the server you're communicating with needs to be capable of pushing at that speed. Often times the bottleneck in downloading isn't with you but with the downstream bandwidth.
Tho my friend has the same net speed and downloads 5x faster lol.
I too have 1MB connection, but download with 120KB/s. I have the motorola SB5101 modem.
I think we need to uncap the modem. Tongue
You have a very slow download speed. Good ping though.
Yeah agreed the connection is pretty slow. My VPN is faster than that:

[Image: 1022783997.png]
Pages: 1 2