Support Forums

Full Version: [SF Reviews] Virtual Box OSE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: sf.png]

Program name: Virtual Box OSE

Information about the program: Virtual Box is a FREE virtualization program. It allows you to install an Operating System whilst still running your main OS. Ohmy! Made by Sun (Java).

Compatibility: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Mac OS's/Linux Distros

Download link: Downloads found here. Regarding any OS. Click accordingly.

[b]Picture(s) of the program:
Main Page (Click to View)

Inside a Windows XP (Click to View)

Features: As stated above, it allows you to run another Operating System inside of a Virtual 'Box,' hence the name. I have yet to try running a VM inside of the VM though Tongue. They are perfect for testing programs for viruses, compatibility, etc.

Personal opinion: [i]In my opinion, it is very easy to use. The only things that I dislike are that for one, the screen resolution will not edit itself to fit my screen, which is bad in a way. Also; when I hover over it, I have to click it and then click out to switch to another workspace.

Rating out of 10: [i]I'd give this a 7.5/10. I would really love for the GUI to enhance, as for the size, and ease of use, There are some confusing parts, but really are not as confusing as they seem.

PS: Sorry for the weak review!
Hey, it looks pretty good. Thanks for the review. Thumbsup
Thanks for the reply Smile
It looks quite simple to me but looks arnt everything as long as functionality is there it looks good.
This is my favorite VS. I just downloaded the portable version today I'll have to see how it works
Good review Reality.

Only thing I noticed was that you have some "[i] 's" showing up in the Personal Opinion and Rating section.

Also a "[b]" in the Picture part.

Regards,
Zurmi
I'm aware of the tags, I don't plan on editing the OP's though.
My favourite is VMware.

but virtualbox is a great one also.
Good Review.Smile
Thanks Smile

Isn't VMWare non-free?
Pages: 1 2