Support Forums

Full Version: Need harddrive help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok so im transfering an old harddrive to a new case
but the old harddrive doesnt use a seta cable tho. it uses the ribbon thing
and idk where 2 plug it in at.
not tryna fudge up and plug it in the wrong spot

so anyone thats really good at this kinda thing?
there should only be maximum of one or two maximum plugs that the ribbon thingy will fit in to.the ribbon thingyg is called an ide cable so just look for the plugs labelled ide1 and ide2.the number one plug is the primary 1
Oh that seems simple enough
ill try it 2morrow thanks Smile
What godtodie4 said. I'm pretty sure even all the new motherboards come with an ide slot. I don't know where your is, but mine is above my motherboard's battery, and it will say ide next to it like he said.
yea i know my motherboard has one but i wasnt sure where
i didnt wanna stick it in any slot that fit just incase

thanks for ur help guys
(11-01-2010, 05:57 PM)bkotz Wrote: [ -> ]yea i know my motherboard has one but i wasnt sure where

thanks for ur help guys

Just for a heads up in the future...If it doesn't look like it fits somewhere or if you have to force it really hard, chances are it isn't supposed to go there Tongue
(11-01-2010, 05:57 PM)bkotz Wrote: [ -> ]yea i know my motherboard has one but i wasnt sure where

thanks for ur help guys

If you really are worried, or not sure, give us the model number or a picture of the motherboard. I"ll point out where the IDE slot is.
You should give us a screenshot of the motherboard, we'll point out where the ide slot is located.
Or, just give us the model and it's number.
i got everything in the case but i cant run windows
says i have no BIOS files or sumthing
What board is it?

Can you get into the setup? (press del or f10 or f2)
Pages: 1 2