Support Forums

Full Version: Nokia 1100 Hackers Choice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you know that Nokia 1100, an old Nokia phone model, if fallen to the wrong hands can be used to hack into online banking accounts?

Nokia 1100 can hack into online banking accounts

Something very strange happened recently and it gave Nokia the spook. It seems that certain groups of hackers especially those specializing in hacking online banking accounts are willing to pay top dollar (up to $32,000 Wow!) for old Nokia 1100 phones. Nokia 1100 is of course the world’s best selling cell phone but it has a nasty firmware bug that allows hackers to intercept SMS messages sent by European banks and use the information contained in those SMS messages to hack into other people’s online banking accounts.

A quick trip to a few hackers’ forums revealed that hackers are looking for a particular Nokia 1100 model, the one manufactured in a German manufacturing plant in 2003.

[Image: 1521748929_1306ee4a43.jpg?v=0]

Scary, huh!?

Obtained from: http://homebiss.blogspot.com/2009/04/nok...nking.html
We are living in the technology edge so it seems possible though, let me read more about this. seems interesting.
Wow, its amazing that such an old phone can do this, I bet the users selling these on Ebay are in shock at the prices there getting lol
(11-01-2010, 05:08 AM)phire nuk3r Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, its amazing that such an old phone can do this, I bet the users selling these on Ebay are in shock at the prices there getting lol

LOL yes.
And you know what they do in my country.
Police SPecial Agency called SIPA find the buyer (They put an ad on how someone is selling that phone ) When someone calls to buy they arrest him. xD
Isn't that entrapment?
hehe my mom still has this phone Tongue i didnt know this.
Wow look at this Ebay item, its selling for 1,700 USD
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOKIA-1100-RH-15-1...781wt_1139
(11-02-2010, 12:29 AM)phire nuk3r Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't that entrapment?

Yes but there are no rules in my crappy country Smile
wow I have this nokia 1100 Big Grin but I'm not even using it
(11-02-2010, 06:20 PM)saint.slacker Wrote: [ -> ]wow I have this nokia 1100 Big Grin but I'm not even using it

If its the RH-16 version, you should sell it on Ebay, and make yourself a tidy profit.
Pages: 1 2