Support Forums

Full Version: [TUT] How-To make a simple 3D effect in Photoshop.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello SF,

This is one of my few tutorials that I've posted around some other forums on the web. The credits goes to me for making it and writing it by my own hard so I please you if you can leave some feedback. Don't RIP this!

----------------------------------------

Step 1

Open up Photoshop and do a new document by clicking on File -> New...
After you do so, be sure to put the Background as 'Transparent'. The size doesn't matter, but I've used in this example; 325x125 pixels.

Step 2

Once opened up it should look like this.

Step 3

Now click the 'Text' icon on the left side and write whatever you want, example;

Step 4

In this step you can move your text to the middle so it makes it a bit 'easier' for you.

Step 4

Now right-click on the text layer and chose the option 'Duplicate layer' and do it, Now a box will popup and just click 'Ok'.

Now you got one copy of the original text layer.

Step 5

Now select your copy layer and press CTRL + Arrow key( Right or Left), now it should move to either to right or to the left, it depends on what side you chose/want.

It should look like this.

Repeat this step like 2-3 times or or how you'd like to have it.

Step 6

Here we'll now edit our last copy text layer, don't do this on the original layer! Now right-click on the last 'copy text layer' you've made and chose the option 'Blending options...'

Now try to do something like me;

--

--

--

My result uploaded.

* I'm sorry but I've chosen a bad Font!

I hope that you've enjoyed my tutorial. I've wrote it right now so it taked me some time to finish everything, maybe my outcome isn't that great because I didn't had enough copied text layers.

Credits goes to; Simba1337

~ Simba1337
Looks cool. All I have to do is to download Photoshop, cause I just reinstalled Windows. Smile
(10-31-2010, 06:57 AM)z†cĸα Wrote: [ -> ]Looks cool. All I have to do is to download Photoshop, cause I just reinstalled Windows. Smile

Thank you mate, make sure that you'll show us your creation. Ninja
Really nice tutorial for begginers simba.
Keep it up.
(10-31-2010, 12:02 PM)Anubis1423 Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice tutorial for begginers simba.
Keep it up.

I'm glad that I could help you in a way, you're welcome and thanks.
Thats not exactly 3D, it's a 3D effect, but not 3D. Which is what you were going for it looks like lol. However, it's still nice. It's mostly 2D with a dropshadow kind of look though. If you had bigger text it would be noticable as well. You should make the text a little bigger in the tutorial, so that people can see it better, since it's in spoilers, you can make them almost as big as you want.

3D>Repousse is the 3D option, but you need to activate Open GL if it's not turned on in your photoshop settings.
(10-31-2010, 02:09 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Thats not exactly 3D, it's a 3D effect, but not 3D. Which is what you were going for it looks like lol. However, it's still nice. It's mostly 2D with a dropshadow kind of look though. If you had bigger text it would be noticable as well. You should make the text a little bigger in the tutorial, so that people can see it better, since it's in spoilers, you can make them almost as big as you want.

3D>Repousse is the 3D option, but you need to activate Open GL if it's not turned on in your photoshop settings.

Thank you for your comment, I've used the wrong font indeed. Oh, and thanks for your tip!
No problem Smile Just mentioned it since thats the true way of doing a 3D vector over a text layer
Very good tutorial. As I am GFX Designing Starter, I would like to make 3D Effects in Photoshop. Currently I read only 2/4 of the thread.
I'm glad that I could help you in a way.
Pages: 1 2