Support Forums

Full Version: Anyone played ZAngband?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's an old game with terrible graphics, but very fun. It's based on Dungeons and Dragons, and has incredible replay value.

Every time you start a new game, the layout of everything is different. Towns, wilderness, everything. Every time you go down a dungeon level, it's randomized. So if you go to the level 2 dungeon, then back up the stairs and down again, the level 2 dungeon will be different.

You can fight many odd creatures/people, such as Robin Hood, Santa Claus (Summons Greater Demons, watch out), The Ring (Yes, the One Ring), Golem, and many other people you'd recognize.

When you die, it autosaves your file, so you can't just respawn or reload a saved game. (You can if you save it elsewhere every so often, but that's cheating) Meaning you'll have to start all over each time you die.

The game is incredibly difficult, but I definitely suggest playing. It's turn-based, but once you get into it (setting your macros, etc), it doesn't really feel like it.

http://www.zangband.org/

A screenshot (Click to View)

There are many different GUIs and graphics plugins for it, so it'd be hard to show you them all.
I have never played this or even heard of it. I might give it a try soon.
(10-27-2010, 03:55 PM)Hustler Wrote: [ -> ]I have never played this or even heard of it. I might give it a try soon.

I have this feeling you actually won't, but I'd love to hear back from you if you do