Support Forums

Full Version: Need somebody that really knows what there talking about with website development! (S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Basically when i got my domain i used google apps to create a crap template because i didn't know what i was doing. Now im trying to upload mybb and im going to my site install directory at www.runehut.com/install - and it says page not found. I think its something to do with the google apps although im not sure. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks.
It doesn't appear as if you've uploaded any files. Did you FTP the files?
(10-26-2010, 01:39 AM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't appear as if you've uploaded any files. Did you FTP the files?

I uploaded the .zip file to the public_html directory and extracted there, then deleted the documentation.
You haven't uploaded it, I tried the normal directory which is /Upload/install.

The install DIR isn't there mate.
Yep as stated already. Nothing there.
Hard to actually tell however.
Custom pages can suck ass some times.
Here is what i would do mate.
Use FTP to go to your /html or whatever its called. Your root location.
Delete EVERYTHING in there.
Extract your copy of MyBB on your desktop.
Then once you extract it upload the contents of the "upload" folder into your website.
If you really want it installed them PM me and i will install it for you mate.
(10-26-2010, 02:50 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]You haven't uploaded it, I tried the normal directory which is /Upload/install.

The install DIR isn't there mate.

To be precise if he actually did what he said and uploaded the 1.6 to his root and then extracted it then it would be this.
http://www.runehut.com/mybb_1600/Upload/install/
That does not exist either. I checked all the main locations but got the silly error page.
Hard to tell on a new site when you get custom errors!
That's what I did too Dam Big Grin because he said he just extracted it. However, when you re-install, make sure geez that you upload the contents of "Upload" otherwise your forum will be located at /Upload which you don't want.

Good luck.
Fact is there are loads of willing and certainly able members here to help OP.
Let us help you get your Forum up and Running how you like.
Hell we have the best damn MyBB coder alive running this place Smile
Cant go wrong.
The whole error page thing still worries me.
I would like to see that gone until install atleast.
Delete .htaccess file in root should do that.
(written in .httpd.config certainly but should not matter???????)
Still would be nice to fix this members issue here.
I actually have never used google apps to make a template so i cant say.
Delete everything, and start again. Why do you need a template theme on there? You're installing MyBB.
I don't know when i bought this, I didn't know what i was doing Tongue
Eh? Are you saying you have no recollection of posting this thread or int it?
Pages: 1 2