Support Forums

Full Version: Video Card Drivers Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to play a game called Second Life and this message keeps popping up can anyone help me please?

"Second Life is unable to run because video card drivers did not install properly, and are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware. Please make sure you have the latest video card drivers and even if you do have the latest try reinstalling them."
Please I really need help??!?!?
Sorry for a late response you got here.

Anyways, what you need to do is update your graphics drivers to the latest version. That means that you'll have to go ahead and go to the vendor of your GFX card's website and download the latest drivers. If you cannot find them, it will help if you posted your card's model here. Press start - run and type dxdiag. Click the display tab, and where it says Device:, that is your GFX card model. Post that here.

It is also likely that your graphics card is too poor and won't be able to run Second Life. We can only know if you post your model though.

Brandon
[Image: 1.jpg]
That driver definitely is outdated. Your video card is part of ATI's legacy driver suite (Catalyst). If you go to the driver's download site here and bring up your card/operating system you'll see what I mean. Either way the latest drivers for your card is 2/24/2010.
Yeah, you're good to play second life as soon as you update your graphics cards.

After looking it up, Second Life doesn't need a good GFX card.
I had an issue similar to this when I tried playing Gears of war. In the end my gfx card on my old laptop wasn't compatible. If the update doesn't work then that may be your issue. If the update causes problems roll it back.
Update the video card drivers and then try and run it.