Support Forums

Full Version: [help] Choosing laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I'm searching for a new laptop and have no idea what laptop I should choose.

Here are some things I want it to do.
  • Maximum price: €800,-
  • Must be good for gaming
  • Must be able to run high performance programs
  • Must be a reliable laptop
  • Must have a dedicated video card thats good for gaming

I was thinking about something like the Toshiba sattelite L650-1CN

Thanks already!
By my point of view Choose the laptop from the Brand Acer, cause i use it and its reliable.
Works as Charm.
New laptops are available with Gaming Options.
Just Google it.
(10-22-2010, 06:48 AM)Montana Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm searching for a new laptop and have no idea what laptop I should choose.

Here are some things I want it to do.
  • Maximum price: €800,-
  • Must be good for gaming
  • Must be able to run high performance programs
  • Must be a reliable laptop
  • Must have a dedicated video card thats good for gaming

I was thinking about something like the Toshiba sattelite L650-1CN

Thanks already!

If you want it specifically for gaming and video card and grpahic cards, i would suggest Alien Ware
(10-22-2010, 03:36 PM)Hosting 211™ Wrote: [ -> ]If you want it specifically for gaming and video card and grpahic cards, i would suggest Alien Ware

I would never suggest Alien Ware to anyone unless they where super rich because they are a rip off. The brand name is 1/4 of the price.
Yes it is expensive, but its amazing laptop. According to me he said 800 euros thats around 1500 dollars. He might get a good one for that.
I would say it doesn't depend on the computer in this case. My best advice, since video cards are less expensive than buying a super computer. Is to get a computer with around 4GB ram if you are trying to run computers that take up a lot of process. Then if the video card doesn't suit your gaming purpose, get a better one. It's only around 150 for a fairly decent one. Save you some money as well.

Get a well rounded computer in terms of RAM, Hard drive space and all that good stuff, then upgrade the video card. Best thing you could do probably.
I have an alienware laptop lol.
Its nothing special....
-LK
A friend of mine might be selling some laptops soon so drop me an inbox if your interested.
Thanks for all your usefull advise. I was thinking about an alienware m11x, but I am scared that the screen will be too small to game nice on. The screen is 11" inch.
If your going to game, dont waste money on a super expensive laptop, you could get double what you get with a desktop for the same price. Good desktop, crappy laptop.
Pages: 1 2