Support Forums

Full Version: Bike problems. [Bmx]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whenever I go out and start to learn a new trick I usually will have pains in my right wrist. It bothers me a lot. But only when I am learning something new.. not when I have dialed something.

Any ideas?
The only possible only explanation I can think of is that the new moves require you too to move your body or in this case wrists in a new way, or it's more strain in someway.

What move is it out of interest?
My parent's say.. which are psychologist.. say that it could be a mental thing. I's not a retardation, it's like a trigger.. Some triggers your adrenalin when your about to do something stupid lol and something triggers that "pain" when your getting nervous!

See what I'm saying.. I'm trying to explain to me what they was saying! lol I can't remember exactly how they said it!
I've never heard of that before. If it were me I would get it checked out or talk to a doctor.
(10-21-2010, 03:32 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]The only possible only explanation I can think of is that the new moves require you too to move your body or in this case wrists in a new way, or it's more strain in someway.

What move is it out of interest?

Usually pulling up and turning a certain direction.
You probably have tendinitis or some other type of wrist-prone disorders and you're just getting used to the pain after a while.

I could be wrong though.
My little brother is a professional bmx'r..
He is almost international...

HE used to get this alot...

1) ~ elivate the area..
2) ~ apply warm rags to the area
3) ~ do constant moving with it..
4) ~ get your glocusimine levels up
5) ~ make sure you get alot of sun..

if it a bone(joint) or a muscle issue?
(10-21-2010, 03:38 PM)ÆЯØ Wrote: [ -> ]My parent's say.. which are psychologist.. say that it could be a mental thing. I's not a retardation, it's like a trigger.. Some triggers your adrenalin when your about to do something stupid lol and something triggers that "pain" when your getting nervous!

See what I'm saying.. I'm trying to explain to me what they was saying! lol I can't remember exactly how they said it!

that is awesome... Two psychologist as parents?
interesting about the triggers..
Prevention:

Wear wrist bands! Smile
Yes what dareknyght said, you better get some cheap wrist bands.
I had this problem also about 2 years ago, but the pain just passed away somehow.

personally i am doing bike trials.

my tips:

try to lower the front wheel airpressure a bit since u aint got a telescope aswell

wear wrist bands as Marik said above
Pages: 1 2