Support Forums

Full Version: Lifted and stuff today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For the.. first? time.

I don't think any of you know, but I had to get surgery when I was younger (9), and I was not allowed to lift for a really long time or do pushups, situps, because it "put pressure" on my neck.

Today, 6 years (not exactly), later, I did 'lifting' exercises.

Sh*t was different then I thought it'd be, I always thought I was in shape until today. Turns out I'm not.

Anyway, sort of a rant thread. Dunno about your replies. xD
My reply would be that's great news. I 'm glad the surgery went well and you're good to lift now.. I know exactly how you feel though, strength wise I'm alright but damn when I started running I didn't realize how terrible I was. Hopefully your neck stays well and you could keep lifting. The payoff is great in the end.
Yeah, I'm done threatening to hit people when they get annoying Tongue
You should have never been threatening anyone if you have a problem with your neck. 0.0

hahaha
Anything that forces the body to do something irregular like in this case lifting will make you feel weird. However our bodies are brilliant and complex machines, after a week or two it will feel better, think of this like buying some new school shoes, you need some breaking in time.
(10-19-2010, 05:00 PM)-paradox- Wrote: [ -> ]You should have never been threatening anyone if you have a problem with your neck. 0.0

hahaha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold%E2%8...lformation

Nothing too bad Tongue
Alll muscles are sore now xD
Haha day after soreness. I kind of miss that because it always reassured me that I pushed myself hard.
After a couple of weeks you won't be sore, you'll just know you worked out good.
It's good that you are well enough to do this stuff after such long of a time. What I recommend is slowly build up muscle. That way you won't strain yourself.
I need to lift its been about 3 years since I've lifted any weights and I know theres no way I am in shape since I don't exercise much anymore can probably still do like 10 or so pull ups if i tried but thats not much compared to when I use to workout on a daily basis.
Pages: 1 2