Support Forums

Full Version: (Canned Speech) Ask Toolbar Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My analysis shows that you have Ask Toolbar installed in your system.

I strongly recommend you remove Ask Toolbar from your computer because of the following reasons.
  • It promotes its toolbar on sites targeted at kids.
  • It promotes its toolbar through advertisments that appear to be part of other companies' sites.
  • It promotes its toolbar through other companies' spyware.
  • It is installed without any disclosure whatsoever and without any consent from the user whatsoever.
  • It solicits installations via "deceptive door openers" that do not accurately describe the offer; failing to affirmatively show a license agreement; linking to a EULA (End User License Agreement) via an off-screen link.
  • It makes confusing changes to user's browsers - increasing Ask Toolbar's revenues while taking users to pages they didn't intend to visit.
Click 'Start' (Windows Orb in Vista/7 operating systems) -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs, Programs and Features in Vista/7 operating systems. Locate and select whichever one of the following that is present on the list and click the Remove button:
  • AskBarDis
  • Ask Toolbar
  • Ask.com
Now, please delete the following folder if still present:
C:\Program Files\Ask.com <- this folder.

Code:
My analysis shows that you have [b]Ask Toolbar[/b] installed in your system.

I strongly recommend you remove Ask Toolbar from your computer because of the following reasons.
[list]
[*]It promotes its toolbar on sites targeted at kids.
[*]It promotes its toolbar through advertisments that appear to be part of other companies' sites.
[*]It promotes its toolbar through other companies' spyware.
[*]It is installed without any disclosure whatsoever and without any consent from the user whatsoever.
[*]It solicits installations via "deceptive door openers" that do not accurately describe the offer; failing to affirmatively show a license agreement; linking to a EULA (End User License Agreement) via an off-screen link.
[*]It makes confusing changes to user's browsers - increasing Ask Toolbar's revenues while taking users to pages they didn't intend to visit.
[/list]
Click '[b]Start[/b]' (Windows Orb in Vista/7 operating systems) -> [b]Control Panel[/b] -> [b]Add or Remove Programs[/b], [b]Programs and Features[/b] in Vista/7 operating systems. Locate and select whichever one of the following that is present on the list and click the [b]Remove[/b] button:
[list]
[*][b]AskBarDis[/b]
[*][b]Ask Toolbar[/b]
[*][b]Ask.com[/b]
[/list]
Now, please delete the following folder if still present:
C:\Program Files\[b]Ask.com[/b] <- this folder.