Support Forums

Full Version: Yet another website theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I ditched my old one and started to make this.
What do you guys think?

I think it needs some more "pizazz."
Its very nice, but I would get rid of any Times New Roman text and make it nice and snazzy!
(10-12-2010, 07:03 PM)Choke Wrote: [ -> ]Its very nice, but I would get rid of any Times New Roman text and make it nice and snazzy!

Yeah I don't like that font either. Just had to choose something real quick because I didn't feel like looking at the list.
Now this one is pretty simple, but It looks really professional in terms of the layout. I like this one a lot better than the other one Smile

The "Follow Me" for Twitter though is a little out of place. Might just be me as i'm picky that way. I don't really know what to think of that. But the rest is good! 8/10

Edit: for the times new roman, maybe you could sub in a Verdana font to see how that looks, the curls on the text is a little out of place to me as well.
(10-12-2010, 08:58 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Now this one is pretty simple, but It looks really professional in terms of the layout. I like this one a lot better than the other one Smile

The "Follow Me" for Twitter though is a little out of place. Might just be me as i'm picky that way. I don't really know what to think of that. But the rest is good! 8/10

Edit: for the times new roman, maybe you could sub in a Verdana font to see how that looks, the curls on the text is a little out of place to me as well.

Thanks, and yeah, Verdana looks much better.
Just wish I knew how to code it to get this up and running as an experimentation.

Edit: I tried to make the "follow me" thing for the entire set of social network buttons, it just happened to be on Twitter. D: I should probably fix that.
(10-12-2010, 09:10 PM)ElephantShoe Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, and yeah, Verdana looks much better.
Just wish I knew how to code it to get this up and running as an experimentation.

Edit: I tried to make the "follow me" thing for the entire set of social network buttons, it just happened to be on Twitter. D: I should probably fix that.

You made this in photoshop? You have to splice all the individual tables/divs you want on your site I think. I haven't tried creating something from Photoshop, but thats as far as I know.

I tried it once, but I didn't do a lot with it. I put it on a free hosting service and moved the tables around a bit lol. I believe there's an option to save to web in the File menu. I haven't done it in a while. But if you are interested I will look it up for you or find a link that goes through some tutorials on how you can go about this.
(10-12-2010, 09:16 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]You made this in photoshop? You have to splice all the individual tables/divs you want on your site I think. I haven't tried creating something from Photoshop, but thats as far as I know.

I tried it once, but I didn't do a lot with it. I put it on a free hosting service and moved the tables around a bit lol. I believe there's an option to save to web in the File menu. I haven't done it in a while. But if you are interested I will look it up for you or find a link that goes through some tutorials on how you can go about this.

Yeah, it was with Photoshop and I'm a little familiar with splicing. Don't worry about doing the research, I'll see what I find. Thanks though.
Well not bad mate. I like the colors. Smile
I think there should be a tutorial posted on this subject though at some point in time. So if someone beats me to it, then thats all fair Smile Added knowledge in the Website forums. This would be very useful to know, if we had a tutorial on it.
Just as most people do, copy other designs. Why don't you make a new and unique website theme instead of doing similar things to what everyone else does.
It may look ok but it's far from original which I don't like.
Pages: 1 2