Support Forums

Full Version: Disassembling Laptop Parts... Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, as you kinda know I know my way around all computers, except when it comes to buying and selling. I really need help selling parts of a broken old windows 97 laptop, (yeah, I have one). It came out during the 90's and my uncle gave it to me, now it's non repairable and I am planning on disassembling it's components for money. Now it has 2 GB of ram, intel core processor by Celeron, a HDD of some type, and no devices. Please help on telling me a reasonable price/describe what parts what?

view spoilers for screenshots

In order to price the items we would need more than "some sort of HDD" 70gb 120gb? the processor do you even know if its removeable or if its built into the mother
Best to sell it all as a bundle as spares are repairs on ebay for about £30
Ahhh, hmmm... COMPUTER IS BROKEN.
(10-12-2010, 03:11 PM)hinubz Wrote: [ -> ]In order to price the items we would need more than "some sort of HDD" 70gb 120gb? the processor do you even know if its removeable or if its built into the mother

Yeah, i'm disassembling as we speak... Remember, Comp. is from 90's so don't laugh.

HDD = 12.07 GB

Optical Drive = TORiSAN
DVD-ROM DRIVE UNIT
MODEL. NO DRD U624
Well , i don;t have laptop atm because i,m using my core i7 , but you should sell them on lesser price than current market price.
That 12 gig HDD is worth praticly worth nothing same about the other components, are you sure it has 2GB ram as it seems to good for a laptop of this spec.
Yeah I know that, 12 gigs can be bought on a flash drive these days. And I wasn't going got sell that HDD, I couldn't wipe is data thats on it in time.
I sell USB drives that have 256GB storage xD
(10-12-2010, 03:37 PM)JMK940 Wrote: [ -> ]I sell USB drives that have 256GB storage xD

LOL Thats cool, sorry about blank post, really confused with this stuff I mean, which ones the processor and which ones the mother board on which ones the ram... Really confusing because it might be so damn small. please help.
Blank post?
Pages: 1 2