Support Forums

Full Version: Ignoring forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering....
The question goes out to the Community here but also to Omni.
Is it possible to ignore entire forums?
What i am trying to say is...
I dont get into the graphics side of things here at all.
Not my scene and its not something i can assist anyone with.
Anyway there are literally crap loads of graphics related posts here and often they are the majority of posts lately.
I dont have a problem with that at all.
Loads of us here are really good at it.
But i would like to be able to ignore these specific forums so they dont fill up my screen with threads i have nothing to offer?

Its not a dig on the Graphics people here. Not one bit. Hell i wish i was as good.
But again. I dont come to SF for graphics reasons at all. So i am finding myself always brushing past them when i view latest threads.
I see where you're coming from because I too am terrible at graphics, however I enjoy viewing the work and posting a comment about how I think it looks.

It's mainly just discussions and graphics at the moment. A few issues I've helped with in emotional support and tech but it is a Support Forum and we offer a graphics section...
We have tabs here but otherwise you'd minimize the category with that little + icon on the top right of each forum cat.

But you really can't ignore a forum the way you want.
Just don't go there, should be easy enough.
(10-12-2010, 11:02 AM)amon91 Wrote: [ -> ]Just don't go there, should be easy enough.

I don't think you understood him properly (or perhaps you have an I've misunderstood).
When I click "View New Posts", there are always posts which belong to sections that I'm not particularly interested in and sometimes I can find myself rattling through 5-6 pages to find theres actually nothing I feel worth commenting on.
It would be nice to filter which forums show up in the "View New Posts".
(10-12-2010, 06:28 AM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]We have tabs here but otherwise you'd minimize the category with that little + icon on the top right of each forum cat.

Most of the other sections are quite inactive, the "home" tab is active, because It has loads of fun stuff like gaming section, ect.
(10-12-2010, 06:28 AM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]We have tabs here but otherwise you'd minimize the category with that little + icon on the top right of each forum cat.

Cheers mate. I had never seen it on any other forum. Just thought i would think out aloud so to speak.

Again its not a dig on the specific forums at all. Just thinking out aloud.
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I see a whole new plugin coming Huh
its funny that b4 i came here the gfx section was almost never posted in and now its one the top forums. ironic huh Tongue

OT: i actually like the idea of filtering the newpost section. maybe not ignore it but be able 2 check off which sections appear in the view new post section?

I too agree with that.

This would kill DB space for one specific personHuh